Senior Product Designer
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As a Senior Product Designer at Zopa, you'll lead the end-to-end design of our banking products. In addition to driving the best possible customer experience as part of a product team, you’ll drive business wide strategic design initiatives. Your work will have a meaningful impact on a large scale as we create better solutions for everybody’s money needs. You'll be working with teams of designers, product managers, and engineers to design product experiences that deliver on both customer needs and business objectives.
A day in the life:
- Owning the product experience end-to-end, including discovery, ideation, delivery and iteration
- Acting as a significant member of the Experience Design team and culture in the wider Zopa community
- Continually elevating the experiences we deliver, in line with our design principles and design system
- Iterative testing of experiences, with a particular focus on addressing the needs of vulnerable customers.
- Discovery research to understand customer needs and behaviours
- Communicating and collaborating with stakeholders of all levels of seniority
- You have an impressive portfolio which demonstrates your design process, strong visual skills and outcomes that you've driven
- Care deeply about solving customer problems and creating customer-centric products
- You’re experienced in acting as a partner to product owners and product managers to drive a great product experience, from strategy and vision to iterative execution.
- Used to working on progressive projects with a variety of stakeholders
- A strategic thinker who can uncover and define opportunities for your product area
- You're highly experience in research and can use a variety of both quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions
- Passionate about inclusive design
- Thrive working in fast paced environments as part of cross-functional teams with short feedback loops
- You have a growth mindset and look for opportunities for team and personal development
- Have excellent communication, collaboration and facilitation skills
- You’re passionate about developing the design community at Zopa
Please include in your application a portfolio of work showing your process from challenge to solution and its impact. Ideally your portfolio will show tangible work examples of your different approaches and deliverables. Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.