Social Media Executive
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Brand & Comms team as a Social Media Executive. You’ll be our eyes and ears on social media, staying ahead of the curve on social trends and creating engaging content to build brand awareness and increase engagement with our key audiences. You’re a restless creator with a genuine interest in finance, familiar with creating content that resonates with audiences across different demographic and socioeconomic groups. You’ll be working with both internal and agency stakeholders to commission other creators and execute and deliver campaigns on our owned social channels, monitoring performance in line with campaign objectives.
You’ll bring an existing knowledge and enthusiasm for social media and content creation, unleashing your creativity to promote our brand in a consistent and compliant way.
A day in the life:
- You’re our social media expert, driving the development of high-quality, engaging and impactful social media content that resonates with our target audiences and drives reach, engagement and advocacy at scale.
- The go-to-person for content, planning and executing our social media activities, working closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as other content creators.
- Supporting the overall brand and marketing strategy by developing social media strategies and content for all major launches, ensuring alignment with Zopa brand and business goals.
- You stay ahead of the curve by being up-to-date with the newest trends, tools, and strategies in social media. You cultivate a social-first mindset within the team and enhance the effectiveness of Zopa’s social content.
- Ensure all social media content adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines.
- You’ll be monitoring and responding to customers' enquiries on all owned social channels and review platforms (Google, Trustpilot) and app stores within an agreed SLAs.
- Will stay plugged into internal teams to understand what’s affecting customers at any point, troubleshooting and solving issues for customers who contact us via owned channels
- Be alert to, and able to identify, potential problem areas that may have a negative impact on brand reputation.
- You’re plugged into both our Customer Services and Product teams to gain a deep technical knowledge of all our products to help you serve customers efficiently and autonomously.
- Proven experience and passion for creating content yourself and being confident in front of the camera.
- You’re a creative thinker who loves producing high quality content and has a restless approach to suggesting new ideas and taking onboard feedback to your own
- Proven experience and track record of driving and managing social / content plans across multiple platforms, ideally in a fast-paced environments such as start-ups or consulting - either agency side or in-house
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and their role in engaging with customers through content and/ or customer service
- Thorough experience with review site and industry blogs
- You’re empathetic. You do the right thing for customers, even if it’s the more challenging option
- Are comfortable dealing with customer feedback, however delicate or challenging
- A confident writer and an articulate communicator able to represent the brand and quality of customer care to a large public audience through your social responses and content.
- You’re a collaborative and reliable team player, contributing actively to team goals
- Analytical and proactive, have excellent attention to detail and you work well with competing tasks and timescales
- Comfortable generating reports and communicating those insights to the wider team
- A self-starter. You know when to roll up your sleeves and jump in and when help is needed
- You might not be in the financial services industry or a tech based role today, but you’re keen to learn and have a genuine interest in both Finance and Zopa.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.