Senior Project Manager
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
At Zopa Bank we are incredibly ambitious and as result there is always lots going on, the purpose of the Delivery function is to ultimately ensure that across the organisation the right people are working on the right things in the right way. This means that we are responsible for supporting tribes in optimising their ways of working, leading the execution of strategically important initiatives by providing clarity, visibility and momentum and finally providing a synthesised view of the health of the portfolio of initiatives to the Leadership team allowing for an effective feedback loop and in turn building the foundation of organisational agility.
We are seeking an experienced senior Project Manager to lead and coordinate a program of work related to the consolidation of a recently acquired company. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing both technical and non-technical projects which span both organisations and provide alignment, clarity and visibility. The role will be expected to own the effective communication with stakeholders across the C-suite, Product, Engineering and the wider business.
A day in the life...
- Project manage a program of work for four workstreams related to the consolidation of the recently acquired company: HR, Common Tooling, Legal Entity consolidation and Product synthesis. The top priority being the legal entity consolidation
- Oversee both technical and non-technical projects, ensuring they align with the overall consolidation strategy
- Work across both organisations to ensure dependencies are surfaced and managed
- Own and maintain a source of truth programme plan
- Engage and manage relationships with stakeholders across the C-suite, engineering teams, and various business units
- Act as a liaison between different departments to ensure a cohesive and collaborative approach to the consolidation projects
- Provide clear and concise communication to keep decision-makers informed of project progress, challenges, and key milestones
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including status reports, timelines, and trade off papers
- Identify potential risks and issues related to the consolidation projects and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Proactively address challenges and obstacles to keep projects on track
- Willingness to travel between offices in London and Stoke as required for project coordination and stakeholder engagement
- You will be a proactive and organized individual with a strong background in project management, especially within the business change domain
- You will have exceptional stakeholder management skills, and the ability to facilitate clear and concise communication to keep decision-makers informed
- Strong practical experience managing non-technical programmes within the finance industry
- A solid understanding of project management methodologies and relevant certifications to attest to that understanding such as: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince 2 certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Familiarity with fintech industry regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience in dealing with C level stakeholders
- **Finance experience is essential**
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.