Senior Director - Credit Cards
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
This is an opportunity that can give a lot of scope to supercharge your career and rapidly grow your role within a fast-scaling FinTech that is looking to IPO in the future. The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress the role quickly and take on ownership of other products at Zopa.
Tribe leads at Zopa are mini CEOs, they have full responsibility for delivering the product P&L, driving great customer outcomes, developing innovative products and services, and ensuring we comply with necessary laws and regulations.
You will have a broad remit, owning customer acquisition and onboarding, customer value management, customer servicing and fraud. You will work closely with the credit function to set and implement our pricing and credit strategy.
This role is a certified person under the FCA’s senior manager regime.
A day in the life...
- You will work closely with the credit card and leadership team to set the long-term strategy for credit cards and deliver on our customer and commercial goals.
- You’ll be responsible for delivery through a cross functional team of product managers, analysts, designers and engineers who develop features and products to drive better customer and commercial outcomes.
- You’ll partner closely with our engineering teams to ensure our technology in credit cards evolves to support changing needs.
- You will be responsible for important third-party relationships including suppliers like credit card schemes, payment processors and card bureaux.
- You will be responsible for the risk and control framework for the credit card product.
- You will partner closely with our credit risk team to design and execute on our credit and pricing strategy.
- You will build close relationships with key stakeholders in Operations, Compliance, Brand, Legal and Finance.
- You will have direct line management responsibility for product managers within the tribe across three squads.
- You will build a strong network across the UK credit cards industry and participate in industry meetings with organisations like UK Finance.
- You’re passionate about delivering customer and commercial outcomes.
- You have extensive experience working in regulated consumer credit. This should include some time spent in credit cards, current accounts or a similar consumer credit product.
- You are an experienced product leader, but beyond that you’re excited by the journey we’re on and the impact you can make within this role.
- You enjoy owning and solving problems – you can create structure out of ambiguity, think about problems holistically and can drive an agenda while juggling multiple demands.
- You have experience building engaging products and have been responsible for delivering features/products end to end.
- You're outcome focused – you have a bias for action to ensure we test and learn as we go, as well as making progress towards the big goals.
- You've got strong influencing skills – and can communicate clearly and succinctly across a broad range of stakeholders throughout the product development process and managing expectations as you go along.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.