Complaints Officer - Banking
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
We have an exciting new role for a Complaints Officer.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Complaints Team in ensuring that all customer complaints are handled in accordance with our internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures.
You will be dedicated to providing complainants with fair outcomes whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service.
The team work Monday - Friday, 9am-5:30pm.
A day in the life
- Investigate, record, respond to and seek to effectively resolve customer complaints verbally and in writing
- Make outbound and take inbound calls in an effort to resolve complaints at the first point of contact
- Take inbound calls from customers and other areas of the business relating to active complaints with a view to update customers on the status of their complaint
- Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF principles and DISP requirements outlined by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Provide exceptional customer service to all complainants ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly
- Utilise key communication and progression skills in order to resolve complaints efficiently while maintaining excellent quality
- Liaise with internal departments to gather information to ensure the thorough resolution of complaints as well as providing key feedback on complaint causes to the business
- Make suggestions to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints
- Attend weekly team and departmental meetings to discuss process changes and receive product updates
- You’ll have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’ve got experience working in financial services within a customer facing role
- You’ll have previous complaints handling experience within a financial services environment
- You’ve got previous experience of handling application fraud and Credit Card complaints
- Ideally, you’ll have previous experience of handling Secured Lending and Investments complaints
- You’re a patient and willing listener
- You’ve got the ability to remain calm under pressure
- You’re able to meet tight deadlines
- You’re able to grasp new systems
- Flexible working? Yes please!
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.