Financial Crime Officer (hybrid)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As a Financial Crime Officer, you will be part of the Financial Crime team and will work with the Senior Financial Crime Manager to assist with the detection and prevention of fraud at Zopa. You will also work closely with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Compliance teams.
The working pattern will be Monday – Friday - 09:00-17:30, however you will need to be flexible with working one Saturday every other month.
This is a hybrid role – the team work in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A day in the life
- Investigate and analyse all automated transaction monitoring alerts across the Zopa product range to determine if the alerts can be closed or require escalation
- Perform customer due diligence and KYC checks
- Review and investigate internal suspicious activity reports from across the business
- Investigate and analyse customer screening alerts in relation to sanctioned individuals, entities/countries, and politically exposed persons
- Perform on-boarding third party due diligence checks requested from the business
- Perform ad hoc duties as directed by the Senior Financial Crime Manager
- Identify and investigate unusual transactions, patterns and activity to determine whether they are indicative of potential money laundering/terrorist financing and reporting as appropriate
- Conduct investigative research using appropriate techniques and sources
- You have financial crime experience
- The ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- A high level of numeracy and analytical skills
- A confident, calm and professional manner
- The experience of working in a team environment
- An inquisitive nature
- A high level of attention to detail when it comes to document examination
- You remain confidential at all times and act with integrity
- You're a self-starter
- You have the ability to work within given SLA’s and deadlines
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.