Compliance Advisory Senior Associate
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As part of Zopa’s exciting growth journey we are looking for a Compliance Advisory Senior Associate to join us operating in our 1st line of defence. Reporting to our Head of 1LOD Compliance Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to work across our product and operations teams to ensure our products and services deliver good customer outcomes and operate in line with internal polices and external rules, requirements and regulations.
If you’re able to balance customer and risk considerations with a desire to get things done, then this role is for you!
A day in the life:
- Advising product teams on customer & compliance considerations and helping them to identify solutions that deliver good outcomes for customers and meet internal and external policies and requirements.
- Providing 1LoD oversight of the implementation and ongoing performance of controls to ensure Zopa’s products are operating in line with internal polices and external rules, requirements and regulations
- Helping to ensure colleagues are appropriately informed of key regulatory, legislative and industry updates relevant to their responsibilities
- Providing training and support to colleagues to ensure they are appropriately aware of their responsibilities as it relates to internal polices, external rules, requirements and regulations
- Ensuring appropriate and required governance takes place within the product teams, including management information and reporting
- Ensuring the application and ongoing monitoring of minimum standards and embedding of related policies as required by business and regulation changes, across area.
- You’ll have previous compliance experience within financial services, ideally within retail banking / consumer credit.
- Good knowledge of FCA Principles, Consumer Credit regulations and Financial Crime regulations
- You're eloquent, able to explain complex sets of rules / translate regulations into clear language to all levels of staff
- Experienced in working autonomously, with a strong focus on results and keeping your stakeholders informed
- You’re motivated by driving and facilitating change, delivering better outcomes for customers and the business.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.