Technical Product Manager
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
At Zopa, we're gearing up for substantial growth with over 1 million customers and ambitious expansion plans. To support this, we're making substantial investments in our technical app and web platforms. These platforms are instrumental in delivering a top-tier customer experience as we offer a range of key financial products, from easy access savings to credit cards. We're even planning to launch a current account in 2024.
A day in the life
- General App Experience: You will be responsible for the overall App, focusing on aspects such as authentication, loading times, and navigation. Key areas of ownership will include auth experience, driving improvements in loading times, and leading the transition to a login framework that allows customers to take low risk actions before authentication.
- App A/B Testing and Analytics Infrastructure: You will own App A/B testing and analytics infrastructure, including our set-up with Amplitude. Your role will involve ensuring that the App is an easily accessible place for continuous discovery and improvement.
- App Security: You will be the product person responsible for App Security, working on some key ongoing projects and addressing other Infosec requirements as they arise.
- General App Management: You will be responsible for our App in general, including release processes and rolling back old OS versions, including managing the key web journeys for customers that will enable this.
- Web Platform Relationships and Content Management Services: You will manage relationships related to the Web platform and oversee content management services.
- Transition to Native: You will be heavily involved in our transition to a Native App (currently React-Native) as the key product person responsible.
- You bring a demonstrated track record and experience in technical app product management (Must have)
- You have a data-driven approach to product management and are skilled at prioritizing platform initiatives.
- You excel in measuring the impact of every change and use data to drive continuous improvement.
- You can translate technical trends in the industry into actionable steps for Zopa.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent, allowing you to collaborate effectively with developers on technical issues and convey information to stakeholders.
- You are adept at managing dependencies across teams to create win-win environments.
- You understand software development methodologies, UX/UI principles, and emerging technologies.
- You possess a strong understanding of mobile app development processes, methodologies, and technologies.
- Knowledge of banking regulations and security standards relevant to mobile banking apps is a valuable asset.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.