Quality Control Manager
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
With our customer base rapidly increasing and our product offerings and services growing over time, we need an Operations Quality Manager reporting directly into our Head of Training & Knowledge. In this role, you will oversee the operational quality teams to ensure we consistently deliver the right customer outcomes, enhance customer journeys to increase satisfaction and provide efficient services at optimum cost.
This role centres on ensuring adherence of financial products, services, and processes to established quality standards, regulatory mandates, and customer expectations. The Quality Manager ensures timely and consistent execution of our Quality Assurance Strategy across onshore and offshore operations, collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
This opportunity will suit someone who is genuinely passionate about enabling Zopa to reach its ambitious goals through its people and who wants to help embed our strong customer-focused culture and values through evaluation of performance, process and procedures and customer journeys.
A day in the life:
- Design, develop and deliver operational scorecards to ensure that we are delivering the correct customer outcomes, staff have correct skills and knowledge and are operating within regulatory guidelines
- Question, filter and amalgamate qualitative/quantitative customer insights to identify trends, themes and underlying issues
- Leverage the customer insights and partner with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement in front line agent performance and customer experience and outcomes
- Ensuring the QC team have the appropriate skills, knowledge and training to conduct their duties effectively
- Deliver the full suite of quality control measures across our internal operations, external 3rd parties and outsourced partners
- Undertake end to end customer journey assessments across all products to identify trends underlying issues and potential product and process enhancements
- Work directly with the Training & Knowledge teams to ensure trends recognised from quality data is being actioned
- Maintain a high standard of clear written communication
- Deliver structured monthly meetings with senior Operation stakeholders and other relevant stakeholders to deliver departmental data around quality performance
- People manage the quality team leaders and support their development and responsibilities
- You have a Financial Services background
- You have a commercial and business view of comprehensive quality control assessment programmes
- You will have previous experience connecting quality feedback to business goals
- You can use data to provide insights and propose required actions to the business
- You believe in leading by example and will be self-motivated towards great results - if you see something that needs fixing, you’ll be driven to fix it or will know when to seek assistance to resolve the situation
- You are comfortable and feel confident working in an ever changing and ambiguous environment – we love to disrupt and that means lots of change and quick, so you’ll need to be agile and nimble in your approach to workload
- You are a creative thinker – you have a flexible view on learning solutions and can adapt training techniques to the individual or groups learning style
- You are pragmatic – we need you to bring some sound judgement on analysing different scenarios and making decisions
- You are exceptionally organised – with lots to achieve together you’ll need to be a planner to help keep our house in order, multi-task and reach our goals
- You have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- You are a Customer Champion with extensive quality control managerial experience including speech analytics, NPS and customer forums
- You are an inspirational leader and aim to bring your team together to work on the same goals.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.