Fraud Agent - 12-month FTC (Hybrid)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As a Fraud Agent, you will be part of the Fraud team and will work with the Operation Manager to assist with the detection and prevention of fraud at Zopa.
This is a 12-month secondment.
Your working week will be Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:30, and you will be required to work one weekend a month.
This is a hybrid role - the team work in the office on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
A day in the life:
- Undertake the end-to-end investigation process of the fraudulent loan, credit card, and savings-approved applications.
- Investigate suspicious documents.
- To offer guidance and training to fellow staff regarding fraud-related queries.
- Fact-finding with customers.
- Liaise with relevant fraud prevention agencies – Cifas, Police, Equifax, Action Fraud, Home Office, etc.
- You have experience working in fraud detection with a banking background
- The ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- A high level of numeracy and analytical skills
- A professional manner with an inquisitive nature
- Attention to detail with document examination & investigation, and remain confidential at all times, and acting with integrity
- You're a self-starter with the ability to work within given SLAs and deadlines
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.