Senior Credit Strategy Analyst
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
You will join a high performing risk analytics team responsible for driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, hypothesis testing, and monitoring portfolio trends.
Collaboration is key at Zopa which means you'll work closely with our cross-functional teams including data science, product, and engineers to develop and drive growth strategies, influence strategic decisions and identify new opportunities through the application of leading-edge analytical techniques.
We look for bright individuals with a passion for translating numbers into business opportunities and delivering insights to drive decision-making - if this resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
Why join Credit Risk at Zopa?
- As a Senior Associate in Credit Risk, you will be entrusted to lead on our most complex and highest impact projects.
- You are empowered to think outside the box and devise creative, innovative solutions to the problems we tackle.
- You own a broad remit across credit strategy, credit policy, affordability, fraud, valuations, and pricing.
- Zopa offers a broad range of lending products, including unsecured personal loans (UPL), credit cards, secured loans for the purchase of a car and point-of-sale finance, which all pose different analytical challenges.
- You work in a wider cross-functional product, credit, and data science team, so you will have the opportunity to work alongside, learn from and mentor some of the brightest minds and friendliest people in the industry!
- You work with some of the best tech in the industry, such as powerful Python instances for data analysis and machine learning and Redshift for data warehousing.
- All our decisioning systems are built in-house, meaning that we have nearly unlimited flexibility in what we can implement.
- Optimising credit decisioning for the UPL product, either through the deployment of a new risk scorecard understanding the risks involved or designing and implementing a change to credit policy
- Using advanced statistical techniques to predict customer behaviour or forecast future demand
- Shaping and enhancing our credit policy, and working with the product and tech teams to deliver these changes
- Working with open banking data or other novel datasets to find new ways of enhancing our credit strategy
- Managing the pricing & commercials on our lending programme and making recommendations on our strategy to the Product Lead
- Analysing the performance of our portfolio, identifying any areas of improvement, and recommending strategy changes based on these findings
- Building NPV & pricing optimization models to inform lending decisions while understanding their inherent limitations
- Collaborating with our fraud team to stay updated on latest trends and exploring potential enhancements to our fraud strategy
- Formulating strategies to improve our affordability policy and ensuring we continually deliver good customer outcomes
- Mentoring junior team members, fostering their growth and development within the team
- You have 2+ years' experience doing credit risk analysis in a consumer lending environment
- You have a strong ability in manipulating and analysing large datasets using SQL and/or Python
- You are experienced in visualization and storytelling through data (Tableau experience is a plus)
- You have a passion for translating numbers into business opportunities and delivering insights to drive decision-making
- You are a structured and holistic problem-solver, and possess strong time management skills
- You have an insatiable curiosity and a relentless drive to learn, improve, and share knowledge with others
- You are able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including tech, data science, finance and product
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.