Financial Crime Officer (hybrid)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
As a Financial Crime Officer you will be part of the Financial Crime team and will work with the Senior Financial Crime Manager to assist with the detection and prevention of fraud at Zopa. You will also work closely with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Compliance teams.
Your working week will be Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:30, and you will be required to work one weekend a month.
This is a hybrid role - Tuesday & Thursday in the office.
A day in the life
- Carry out Transaction Monitoring investigations on generated alerts across the Zopa product range by analysing transaction data and customer profile information to determine if the alerts can be closed or require escalation.
- Perform enhanced due diligence checks requested from the business by gathering supporting information from the public domain using screening tools and adverse media research.
- Review and investigate internal suspicious activity reports from across the business.
- Proactively manage your own work allocation and meet daily, monthly productivity and quality targets by seeking clear guidance, instruction or coaching to help fulfil your role.
- Work collaboratively to drive ideas/solutions with peers, Team Leaders and Managers which will improve Zopa’s efficiency processes and customer relations.
- Implement and adapt to new or changing processes quickly.
- Proactively build relationships with all team members within the Financial Crime Team including engagement with other stakeholders across Zopa.
- You have Financial crime experience
- The ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- A high level of numeracy and analytical skills
- A confident, calm and professional manner
- The experience of working in a team environment
- An inquisitive nature
- A high level of attention to detail when it comes to document examination
- You remain confidential at all times and act with integrity
- You're a self-starter
- You have the ability to work within given SLA’s and deadlines
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?