Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
As a Product Designer at Zopa, you'll work on both the end-to-end experience of our banking products and cross-product design projects. Your work will have a meaningful impact on a large scale as we create better solutions for everybody’s money needs. You'll be working with teams of designers, product managers, and engineers to design product experiences that deliver on both customer needs and business objectives.
We're looking for an empathetic, critical thinker who is passionate about bringing real value to customers.
A day in the life:
- Facilitating design thinking to solve complex customer problems
- Working collaboratively with team members to deliver experiences in an agile way
- Advocating for the needs of Zopa's current and potential customers
- Being an active member of the design team and culture in the wider Zopa community
- Ensuring we deliver beautifully crafted experiences in line with our design principles and design system
- Planning, running, and synthesising user research and testing
- Engaging stakeholders with customer goals and outcomes
- You have an impressive portfolio which demonstrates your design process, strong visual skills and outcomes that you've driven
- You care deeply about solving customer problems and creating customer-centric products
- You're a critical thinker who can uncover and define opportunity areas for your product
- You're driven by both quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions
- You're passionate about accessibility and design ethics
- You enjoy working in agile environments as part of cross-functional teams with short feedback loops
- You have a growth mindset and look for opportunities for team and personal development
- You have good communication, collaboration and facilitation skills
Please include a portfolio of work in your application, showing your process from challenge to solution and its impact. Ideally, your portfolio will show tangible work examples of your different approaches and deliverables. Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?