Compliance Assurance Manager
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
The Compliance Assurance Manager will be responsible for implementing the compliance assurance programme across the Bank and assist the Head of Compliance in ensuring that Zopa, its staff and key stake holders all conduct their business in accordance with all relevant regulations and standards. We have a friendly, fun, and ambitious culture where everyone contributes pro-actively towards the growth of the business, so a parallel mind-set is what we are looking for.
You’ll need to be the type of person who has an interest in learning, supporting, and facilitating regulatory communications and advice with control owners on all areas of regulatory risk right across Zopa. This is an exciting role and we’re looking for an individual with a compliance assurance background who wants a role where they can help to ensure Zopa meets its regulatory obligations.
A day in the life:
- Perform compliance reviews across the business to ensure adherence to regulatory and internal policies, including reviews on third parties
- Delivery of the annual compliance monitoring programme and providing regular status updates
- Issue recommendations following compliance reviews and report on any identified breaches
- Follow up and approve remediation work as required from recommendations
- Maintain conduct risk focus on reviews ensuring customer outcomes are fair and reasonable
- Support the Head of Compliance to deliver Compliance related project(s) and provide compliance advice and support depending on business priorities
- Knowledge and experience of implementing a compliance assurance programme within a retail banking/financial services environment
- Experience in delivering reports and findings within a growing dynamic and fast paced organisation
- Proven audit/testing experience/analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance processes and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to explain complex sets of rules / translate regulations into clear language to all levels of staff.
- ICA / industry qualifications helpful but not essential
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?