Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
Our People Team is expanding as the incredible Zopa growth journey continues – and we are looking for our first Reward Manager to work with us in creating memorable careers across Zopa. We’re looking for someone who will thrive within a face-paced business, is commercially minded and able to demonstrate real agility in balancing the differing demands of a growing company.
Reporting into our People Director, you'll play a key role within the organisation, utilising all existing data to ensure we make bold and innovative decisions across the full spectrum of total reward. You will work towards delivering a number of high impact reward projects whilst ensuring alignment with overall HR policies, regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
The People Team is currently 20+ strong and provides support to more than 650 Zopians. This is an individual contributor role so the successful candidate will need to be able to roll their sleeves up.
We offer a hybrid working model and are open to applicants wanting full time, part time or a flexible working pattern. Please let us know what you're looking for in your application.
A day in the life:
- Use your total reward expertise and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership with a diverse set of business leaders.
- Support the plan design of our various equity programmes as well as providing recommendations regarding executive compensation.
- Conduct formal and informal market surveys; undertake analysis of the compensation market and proactively share insight and recommendations into compensation trends and career architecture.
- Lead the core cyclical reward activities including our bi-annual compensation reviews.
- In partnership with our Head of People Experience, manage benefit change projects including; working with brokers to manage benefits packages, creating benefit tools and material, and streamlining processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on compensation and benefits related policies, including alignment with employment legislation as well as regulatory reporting.
- Build a comprehensive set of analytics to measure reward impact.
- Technical reward expertise including equity plan design, benefit administration, reporting and benchmarking.
- In depth knowledge of Willis Towers Watson, Radford or other mainstream job evaluation architectures.
- Regulatory experience gained within financial services (desirable but not essential).
- Good mix of operational and strategic experience in compensation and benefits.
- Experience in both listed and privately owned companies(desirable but not essential)
- Excellent project management capability along with expert level Excel skills
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support a business and measure return on investment.
- Numerate and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Partnering experience with senior level stakeholders.
On a personal level, these are the qualities we'd like to see:
- Agility, adaptability, pragmatism
- Gravitas and credibility
- Data oriented and results driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Owned projects and initiatives using Agile and/or other project management principles
- Ability to communicate, challenge and influence a range of stakeholders, equally comfortable working with senior managers and staff at all levels
- Able to distil complex issues into component parts, identify causal links and think through alternative courses of action
- Both initiate and translate ideas into tangible output to create value for Zopians
- Keep Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the heart of everything you do
The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, collaborative, able to inspire others and to think creatively about solutions. To be successful you will be comfortable with ambiguity, ownership, and teamwork.
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?