Venly (Previously Arkane)
Who are we?
Blockchain is the biggest thing to happen to the internet since, well… the internet. It will reshape how we use and interact with the digital world. But for this technology to realize its real-world potential, it needs to be used. By people. Real people, in the real world—not just industry insiders and early adopters.
Venly is a technology company creating an all-in-one software platform to help companies benefit from blockchain technology. The global vision is to build both a developer-friendly platform and an intuitive interface for end users. At the center of everything lies simplicity, prime UX, and top-level security.
The company has been recognized as a digital pioneer and delivers groundbreaking innovation to companies such as Atari, Ubisoft, and other industry leaders. We are looking for top candidates with a startup mindset that want to be active members of the team and part of the journey of building cool products that will help grow the company.
The Venly team values initiative, autonomous learning, teamwork, honesty & drive.
Who are we looking for?
As Product Owner you are the single point of contact for the development team. You take responsibility in defining and discovering what needs to be done to improve your product. You take all the necessary steps to identify gaps and improvements in your product.
Once identified, you bring together the necessary expertise to further elaborate the nitty-gritty details: from a functional, technical, and UI/UX-design point of view. Furthermore: you document these details in any necessary format: Domain Model, User Story, Process Model, etc.
You get everything up to a point where the new feature or improvement is ready to be developed. You prioritize this scope with the development team, according to all other work that needs to be done.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a Senior Product Owner that can fulfil the following tasks
- Functional SPOC for the development team
- Elaborate and decide on the functional details of a necessary feature.
- (High level-) Design of user flows.
- Collaborate with the design team to fully spec out a feature (UI/UX).
- Collaborate with customers to fine-tune a feature.
- Guard, scope, and design (together with the tech team) the domain model of the product/feature
- Gain deep knowledge about the application/product
- Document developed features
- Manage the functional backlog for one or more products
- Decide on priorities / align with the bigger roadmap
- Scope features and bugs
- Align with Product Manager / CPO about priorities/roadmap
- Be the driver for product releases:
- scope the necessary features/bugs for a next release
- get everything organized for a release (communication with Marketing, Developers, Sales, …)
- Follow up on deadlines
- Follow up team metrics: cycle time, WIP, … in an Agile setting
What do you master?
- You are a storyteller. You can communicate just as easily with developers as with customers or end users. You speak the tech lingo, but can just as easily switch to higher-level business lingo.
- You are not afraid to present/convince and defend your ideas to a number of stakeholders: CxO, Technical architects, Customers, 'Scary' Developers, …
- You are able to grasp and solve complex problems.
- You can develop a vision for a digital product and prioritize tasks according to this vision.
- You have a hands-on mentality and you can jump in wherever necessary.
- You are proficient in the English language.
- You have experience in an agile software development setting (Kanban, Scrum, Jira, User Stories, Story Mapping, …)
Blockchain knowledge is not mandatory but certainly is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a full-time, remote opportunity to work with the #1 tech in Blockchain! You work alongside a technical team with fair and competitive compensation. Apply here and let's connect!