Enterprise Sales Executive, Logistics
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
Here at Transfix, we are not only building incredible technology to help solve some of the world’s biggest, most complex, and most important challenges in the freight and logistics industry; We are also helping protect our environment and are passionate about making the world a better place by increasing sustainability and eliminating the extreme amount of waste that currently exists in our industry.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021 and 2022 and Great Place to Work Certified in 2022-2023, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
About the Role:
Transfix is growing quickly, and we’ve already carved a strong reputation in the market for our exceptional customer service, fair pricing, and cutting-edge technology, and we’re growing fast. We offer a suite of products to our shippers, from our Digital Brokerage solutions to custom drop programs to our game-changing proprietary TMS, partnering with Enterprise, Fortune 500 companies as well as mid-market companies to provide exceptional customer service and streamlined solutions with better ROI. In order to continue on our exciting growth trajectory, we are building a best-in-class Sales team, and are looking for a highly motivated, scrappy, and experienced Enterprise Sales Executive in the Freight Logistics space with a track record of success to help us capture the ready and waiting market.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment all while making a highly competitive, uncapped commission, please keep on reading!
In this Role You Will:
- Be an expert in the market, researching and identifying new companies that will benefit from leveraging our technology and services
- Own the entire sales lifecycle from prospecting to close
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of engaged, qualified prospects and customers
- Develop a mastery of our proprietary platform and offerings, and effectively demonstrate the benefits and abilities of both
- Demonstrate constant and deep curiosity for how prospective and current customers manage their supply chain, with an eye toward serving as an expert and resource on their improvement
- Cultivate meaningful, lucrative relationships with prospects by clearly understanding their pain points, challenges, and goals and tying those goals to our value
- Autonomously work through the full sales lifecycle strategically by engaging key stakeholders, building relationships, and effectively addressing their needs
- Support and ensure a successful transition into the Transfix customer family, helping to continuously cultivate and grow relationships as needed, mostly within their first year of engagement
- Represent Transfix’s policies, procedures, values, and mission with every action and interaction
- Determine and meet quarterly and annual quota goals
- Once it’s safe, travel up to 50% to meet your prospects and customers where they are and deepen meaningful relationships
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring:
- You have 7+ years of Enterprise Sales experience, with a proven track record of success with Fortune 500 (ideal) and/or Mid-Market companies
- You have 3+ years of sales experience in the transportation, freight, logistics, or supply chain industry, with a demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding your quotas or goals
- You are competitive and driven, but you’re enough of a team player to believe that there’s room for everyone at the top and that collaboration wherever possible is the best way to win
- You are energized by the idea of working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, constantly changing and fast growing environment
- You have a passion for solving complex problems, and are comfortable with ambiguity until you get there
- You’re not afraid of big goals. In fact, big goals motivate you to go that extra mile every time
- You’re a relationship builder who prides yourself on building long-term, meaningful relationships with your prospects by being trustworthy, knowledgeable, and reliable
- You have impeccable listening skills and strong communication skills. You love a phone call, video call, and you especially shine in person, but can you also write a well written and compelling email in a pinch
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience via the school of hard knocks
What You can Expect from Transfix:
- This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Sales team, however we do have offices in New York, NY and Atlanta, GA that you are welcome to go to if you live nearby!
- We are offering a market competitive salary depending on experience level, scope, and geographic location, which includes base salary, uncapped commission, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. About half of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
Are you concerned that you don't meet every job requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification, and we know that companies that welcome diversity are 170% more innovative. At Transfix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply! You may be more aligned than you think for this role, or a great fit for other roles here.
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transfix are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. It is Transfix’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Transfix does not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Transfix encourages applicants of all ages.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.