Freight Broker (Hybrid)
- Be the primary point of contact and face of Transfix for our carriers
- Source, develop, and manage a high volume of relationships with carriers, engaging anywhere from 90-130+ carriers daily
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, engaging in hundreds of fast-paced transactions per day while still keeping an eye towards stellar customer service and relationship building
- Develop long standing, trusting relationships with carriers to increase freight volume (and over time, lessen carrier volume)
- Coach and train new carriers and drivers on how to best use the Transfix platform to help them improve their performance and increase their productivity and profits
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses with Transfix, ensuring that they are maximizing our products, services, and offerings to their full potential
- Utilize keen negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost for our carriers, while also being able to handle challenging situations such as pushback, rejection, and other various customer service-related challenges
- Partner with our customer experience team to manage issue escalations that come with the day to day moving of freight, understanding what issues require escalation and routing to the appropriate parties as needed
- Be expected to work up to four weekends per year (in exchange, you’ll of course receive weekdays off around those days to ensure a 5 day work week!)
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring:
- You have 1+ years of Carrier Sales or Freight Brokerage experience
- You are comfortable dealing with regular situational ambiguity
- You love working with people and building meaningful relationships
- At the same time, you’re a strong critical, analytical thinker, and love solving complex problems
- You possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that you use to collaborate across a wide variety of partners & stakeholders at all levels
- You are organized and manage your time efficiently. You are at your best when you’re juggling multiple priorities at once
- You understand the principles of strong customer service and know that active listening and asking the right questions is just as important as having the answers
- You are most happy when going above and beyond for a customer, and when things go wrong, enjoy the challenge of diffusing tough situations
- You are resilient and are always seeking constructive feedback; you are driven to learn and grow every single day
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience via the school of hard knocks
- Bonus Points if you are bilingual in Spanish and/or Russian.
- This position will be 100% in office for training, and following the training period will be a hybrid 3 days in office, 2 days remote role.
- Our Broker salary ranges from $60,000-$68,500 annually. Leveling and compensation will be based on breadth and depth of industry knowledge (based in part by interview performance), career experience, and role-specific experience.
- We expect that you'll want to be in the office, as we've got an incredibly energetic, collaborative, and fun culture there!
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. About half of our executive Leadership team and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
Note: If you are looking for a salary outside of this range, but this role looks exciting to you, we still encourage you to apply. We are growing quickly here at Transfix and may have other roles that could be aligned for your skillset opening very soon!
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice