Sales Executive - Brokerage Services (Remote - Atlanta Area Preferred)
About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for a Sales Executive to help further accelerate our growth. In this role, you’ll own a full sales cycle, from research to cold and warm calls, setting meetings, negotiating pricing and contracts, closing opportunities, and growing new accounts into strategic accounts, specifically targeting mid-market and upper mid-market shippers. You’ll build a book of business by engaging, reengaging, growing, and closing new, customers Reporting directly to our Vice President of Sales & Shipper Growth, you’ll not only bring in new accounts, but also ensure proper onboarding of new accounts and growth of existing accounts, partnering cross-functionally with our Sales, Marketing, Product, Pricing, and other teams. As the face of Transfix for our mid-market customers, you will be successful in this role if you build and maintain relationships by developing a deep understanding of our prospective customers’ challenges, needs, and goals to deliver best in class brokerage services.
Our team is smart, competitive, high-energy, and motivated. If you are a relationship-driven sales executive, a hunter who is passionate about driving results, and are constantly thinking of creative ways to bring in new and grow existing early-stage business through effective strategy and problem-solving, this may be the perfect role for you. Please keep on reading!
In this Role You Will:
- Develop multiple customer relationships, communicate with customers daily, and learn their business to ensure we service their needs and deliver a positive experience
- Own the full sales lifecycle and process, from prospecting to close and follow up, while properly documenting activity and engagements within our CRM (Salesforce)
- Build, develop, and maintain a robust, healthy pipeline of potential new customers
- Establish a consistent book of business and grow accounts for transition to the account management team
- Ask customers for freight, solve issues, handle operational needs, and communicate shipment updates
- Help customers adopt and utilize our cutting edge technology services to meet their transportation and freight needs
- Solve logistical challenges in a fast-paced environment to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of shipments, while keeping proper documentation in the system
- Execute day-to-day sales operations in a timely and proper manner in accordance with SOPs, Contract Terms, and Service Level Agreements
- Communicate customer expectations clearly and collaborate with internal teams
- Achieve quarterly financial and performance goals for each account and total book of business
- Receive coaching, mentorship, and guidance on a daily basis from your manager
- Work in a fun, exciting, high-energy, and results-oriented sales team and office
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if:
- You have 4+ years of experience in Sales and/or Account Management (with a focus on Sales) in the transportation, freight, logistics, or supply chain industry, with demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding your quotas or goals
- You are flexible, adaptable, and open to new ways of working in a traditional industry
- You are competitive and driven, but you’re enough of a team player to believe that there’s room for everyone at the top and that collaboration wherever possible is the best way to win
- You’re a relationship builder who prides yourself on building long-term, meaningful relationships with your prospects by being trustworthy, knowledgeable, and reliable
- You have impeccable listening skills and strong communication skills. You love a phone call, video call, and you especially shine in person, but can you also write a well written and compelling email in a pinch
- You are energized by the idea of working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, constantly changing and fast growing environment
- You’re not afraid of big goals. In fact, big goals motivate you to go that extra mile every time
- You have a passion for solving complex problems, and are comfortable with ambiguity until you get there
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience via the school of hard knocks
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of the time for internal and external events, as well as potential customer visits
You’re a Mile Ahead if you Have:
- Previous experience with B2B enterprise accounts, tech companies, and/or a hyper-growth B2B startup
- Geographic proximity to our Atlanta office (Buckhead) with an ability to come into the office periodically
What You can Expect from Transfix
- We are offering a market competitive salary depending on experience level, scope, and geographic location, which includes base salary, commission, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. About 40% our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Something looks off?