Senior Software Engineer - POS/ERP Integrations (GTA-Remote)
TOOLBX is building a construction materials platform that enables lumber & building material dealers to sell online. We make it easy for independent building suppliers to sell online, manage quotes, accept payments, and communicate with their contractors—all in one platform.
Here’s why it matters:
- We see an opportunity for small businesses to play alongside the larger organizations. Our platform brings the big and the small of the supply chain for construction together.
- Over half of the world’s solid waste comes from building and construction. We see an opportunity to drive planned orders and an on-demand supply chain to support buying only when you need it.
- Most construction projects are either over budget or over time because contractors can’t optimize their material spending and are slow to compile invoices.
- The most significant purchase for any individual or family will likely be their home.
- TOOLBX helps make construction projects more efficient. We’re focused on material procurement, and we’re still in the first inning. You could be one of the early people that shape our strategy
We integrate our platform with the POS/ERP systems that the dealers use to manage their business day-to-day. It is challenging because many of these systems are legacy on-prem systems which do not have APIs or have very limited APIs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This role will focus on our integrations with these POS/ERP systems, and ensure we create reliable, scalable and maintainable integrations.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Lead the design and implementation of new integration features and infrastructure for our platforms
- Work with dealers directly to understand what is needed to integrate the TOOLBX platform with their system. Many of these systems are old school on-prem system with no API or limited API.
- You will maintain and enhance integration reliability - ensuring there is good observability, error handling, etc
- Setup infrastructure and processes that will allow us to increase the speed in which we integrate with a customer.
- You will write clean, robust code that scales across platforms and devices
- Provide technical feedback to engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and team problem solving sessions
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure the best possible outcome
- Work in an agile environment
Skills You Bring:
- Experience with working on both unix based systems and Window systems
- Familiarity with usage of EDI, API, SQL/stored-procedures, and Robotic Process Automation integrations for integrations
- Familiarity integrating with unreliable third-party systems. Big bonus if you have experience with some of following Epicor Bistrack, Epicor Eagle, ECI Spruce, ECI Deacom, DMSI Agility
- Experience managing and leading project teams, and familiarity leading and scaling off-shore team is a bonus
- Demonstrated experience executing deliverables on time
- Experience making an impact on a company and the end users
- Strong understanding of the building blocks of a robust and scalable system
- Passion for technology, change and building an industry revolutionizing product
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus!
Why Join Us?
- Competitive compensation with opportunity for growth and equity eligibility.
- Quarterly virtual team events
- No formal dress code - We'll even give you TOOLBX swag to rock!
- Gain experience with a fast-growing start-up!
- Opportunity to make a HUGE impact in the Trillion dollar construction industry
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Outstanding company culture
This position may require local and other business travel, circumstances permitting
Terms of employment:
Location of work: Remote
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.