Senior Growth Designer
We’re setting out to level the playing field for job seekers, building a truly consumer-first platform that equips people with the tools, technology, and resources they need to feel empowered to achieve career growth on their own terms. Our long-term goal: to help people make confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire—and that starts with the job search.
We’re looking for a fully remote, US-based Senior Growth Designer. You will be working directly with our CEO and Growth team to design features that surface insight, guidance and time savings to our users. Join us as we build the first truly consumer-first platform to help people grow and manage their careers.
- Deliver brand & growth designs from discovery to launch
- Collaborate with content and growth teams to ensure design is realized across all platforms (mobile, web, email etc)
- Develop and inform the company’s design standards and processes
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about visual identity
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Conduct user research and testing
- Designing Wireframes, UX & UI
- Designing landing pages, blogs, social content and graphics
You Have Experience
- As a UX or Growth, Brand or Visual Designer for 4+ years in a relevant industry
- Worked on SaaS Products for both desktop and mobile
- Working proficiently with UX Design tools such as Figma (or similar)
- Have conducted user Research and Testing
- Experience with no-code tools like Webflow
- Experience with Amplitude, Hotjar, Google Analytics or other product analytics platforms
- Ability to create motion graphics as lottie files with tools like After Effects
Skills & Tools You Will Use And Learn
Need to Know:
- Figma (Basics, Auto Layout & Prototyping) User Research, User Interviewing, UX Design, UI Design
Nice to Know:
- Hotjar, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Design System, UserTesting.com, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop
What Awesome Looks Like
At 1 week:
- You will have become familiar with Teals tools and member profiles
- You will have designed a small element of the Teal website and handed it off to be built
- You will have scheduled & conducted 1 user interview
At 1 month:
- You will have audited our current UX and Design of the Teal website
- You will have cleaned up and refined our website design system and styles
- You will have talked to members and learned how we can service them better
- You will have redesigned a large section of the Teal website
At 3 months:
- You will have led the successful design and launched revisions to the website that grew conversion by at least 10%
- You have helped unify the broader UX and design for the Teal brand and web presence
- You have started defining our mobile strategy and have completed wireframes and figma prototypes
What We Offer
- Salary: $140,000
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- No company wide meetings on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, earned 1 week for each month of tenure
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance (depending on chosen plan) & 401K Benefits with up to 4% company matching
- As mentioned we are fully remote, however once per year we pay for the entire company to fly to the same city for a week of fun projects and general team building, think hackathons, boat rides and great food.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
About Teal & Our Hiring Practices
Who We Are
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, resulting in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
Our Hiring Process
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond.
- Goal: High level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30 minute Zoom with the hiring manager
- We make sure to preserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- Goals: Deeper understanding of qualifications
- 2-3 hour Zoom with hiring manager & another product team member
- This is a *realistic* interview. No abstract puzzles. There is a question and answer session, some wiring framing, and a design session.
Work Culture Interview
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 60 minute zoom with 2 Teal people
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- We will ask for 2 references from your most recent managers that you are comfortable using as references.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.
Apply for this role
It won't take too long, we promise. All you'll need to do is answer a few questions and upload your resume. We hope to hear from you!
Something looks off?