Senior Category Manager
At Pair Eyewear, we’re building the largest global eyecare company in the world focused on bringing personalization to the end to end eyecare experience, starting with your glasses. We’ve developed the first personalized eyewear brand where glasses can be an extension of your personality, mood, and interests. With funding from leading venture capitalists in the consumer space, partnerships in the entertainment, sports, and fashion arenas, and a team of passionate individuals, we’re on a mission to completely revolutionize the eyewear industry. We’re excited that we already have the support of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah Magazine, CNN, and Forbes helping us share our story.
Pair Eyewear is seeking a dedicated and strategic Senior Category Manager to play a pivotal role in driving the success of our product strategy and roadmap and how it fits into our e-commerce, retail channel and global expansion plans. This individual will be responsible for developing long-term product strategies, overseeing product categories, and optimizing the shopping experience and product offerings towards company goals. The Category Manager will take ownership of the three-year product roadmap and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive key growth and profitability metrics across those product categories.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with our co-founders and leadership team to develop and manage the three-year product roadmap for eyewear frames and lenses, including line plans (i.e. Spring/Summer line) for collections.
- Own the partnership and coordination with Finance, Marketing, Operations, Wholesale and International for new product launches.
- Research and analyze eyewear product, consumer, and competitive trends to inform our product strategy, including technology, key stories, style attributes, segmentation, and market opportunity
- Devise long-term development and exit strategies for product categories.
- Work with Planning and Analytics teams to understand sell-through of products and how to adjust product strategy based on data
- Collaborate with marketing and wholesale teams on setting pricing, promotional and brand direction of collections.
- Collaborate with wholesale buyers and internal site merchandisers to understand product needs to drive expansion of product categories.
- Develop comprehensive product briefs including the product need, consumer focus, volume expectations, price, and margin requirements.
- Assume responsibility for budget development and revenue and margin targets for product categories.
- P&L responsibility for new product launches and optimizing financial and operational performance of product lines
Who You Are:
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to develop long-term development plans.
- A team player who can work effectively with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Possess strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analytics tools.
- Effective Communicator with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Proven experience as a Category Manager or in a similar e-commerce role.
- Demonstrated experience in managing vendor relationships.
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms and industry best practices.
Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or a related field
- 8-10+ years of experience in eyewear category / product management or product development
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with budget development and revenue/margin responsibility across product categories
- Experience at an e-commerce eyewear company in addition to retail
Some Benefits and Perks of Working At Pair:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous vacation policies
- Competitive salaries with equity opportunities
- Retirement savings plan options
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for family and friends)
At Pair, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The pay range for this position is expected to be between $120,000 - 150,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Pair is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, familial status, family responsibilities, gender identity/expression, genetic information, marital status, matriculation, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.