Sr. Machine Learning Engineer - LLM
Brief summary of role:
We’re looking for a Sr ML Engineer with a focus in Machine Learning to help expand the capabilities of the OpenSpace platform. You will be working with the rest of the AI team to apply deep learning techniques to our massive amount of visual data in order to provide meaningful insights to customers about their job sites. Knowledge of modern deep learning techniques along with the ability to adapt these techniques to specific problems in the real world is the core requirement for this role. Experience with LLM/VLLM, transformers and generative AI for image and language based tasks is a plus. Direct experience with multi-modal models, combining language and images, is also a big plus.
What you will be doing:a
- Design and architect complex, multi-component machine learning based systems
- Prototype such systems and run detailed tests to evaluate performance on real world data
- Work with platform engineers to develop production level implementations
- Oversee dataset creation, curation, and labeling
- Monitor system performance in production and ensure adequate performance
- Assist in debugging and resolving failure edge cases in our production processing pipeline
- Contribute to defining development processes, best practices, and documentation
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years industry experience developing machine learning models for image processing
- Advanced degree in related field or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in applying machine learning based approaches using LLMs and multi-modal models
- High level of familiarity with modern machine learning libraries including PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Expertise with implementing numerical algorithms in Python
- Proficiency with software version control systems
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms including AWS
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems including Jira
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How you like to work:
- Ability to be flexible, work analytically, and manage competing priorities in a high-growth environment.
- Knowledge and mindset for automation and improvements to streamline processes for scalability.
- A proactive approach to problem identification and independently developing/proposing remediation solutions.
- Ability to work independently with limited required direction, oversight and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams.
- Dynamic learning and growth mindset
There are many benefits to working at OpenSpace, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Base Salary: $158,000 - $205,000
The “Base Salary: range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations including but not limited to CA, CO, NY, WA, NV, MD, CT and RI. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: location of candidate, unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of OpenSpace’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes equity awards, 401k match, as well as other region-specific health and wellness benefits.
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
OpenSpace welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community. OpenSpace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.