Senior Loan Originator
Senior Loan OriginatorAbout Us
Nectar provides small balance mezzanine financing for commercial real estate sponsors with stabilized, cash-flowing assets. Our sponsors use the funds to improve their existing properties or buy more properties. We generally provide between $300k-$5m in financing.About the Role
We are looking for an experienced commercial real estate loan originator with strong knowledge and relationships in the space. You will own key accounts and an important portion of the overall origination pipeline. You will be prompt and meticulous with follow-ups, and you will contribute to our sales pipeline from first touch to close and then nurture existing customer relationships for follow-up financing opportunities.
In this role, you will work with our marketing team as well as our head of underwriting to help Nectar generate, process, and close on funding applications, educate customers about our financing product, and play a core role in shaping and executing our customer acquisition strategy. You will be on the front lines with our customers and responsible for providing them a seamless experience.
As the Senior Originator, you will:
- Cultivate a network of commercial real estate owners that turn into borrowers and debt brokers.
- Identify and execute key business development and strategic marketing tactics, including attending industry events, generating referrals, cold outreach, etc.
- Educate applicants on Nectar’s financial offerings and conduct the initial screen to ensure they match our lending criteria.
- Own a pipeline of applicants from first touch through close, clearing any roadblocks in the processing promptly and effectively.
- Maintain a strong relationship with all closed borrowers for follow-on financing.
- Ensure all client and transaction information is entered into the CRM
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create effective collateral needed to generate leads and close deals
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, affiliates, and other stakeholders, occasionally in combination with travel
- 5+ Years experience in a commercial real estate loan originator role
- Outbound Sales—you have a track record identifying a target group of customers, creating an outreach campaign to generate qualified leads, and having experience with full sales cycle processes and various sales pipelines
- Experience with any or all of the following property types a plus: retail, office, industrial, multifamily, storage, hotels, condos, and mixed-use developments
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/HUD multifamily production or underwriting experience a plus
- Willingness to travel
Note: we don’t expect anyone to check every box. If you feel you meet most of the criteria and you are excited about the role, we encourage you to apply.Who You Are
- Proactive – you get things done. You don’t have to be told what to do—if anything, you need to be reigned in.
- Team Player – although you are driven to accomplish your own goals, you are also a team player who wants to see your teammates succeed.
- Deep Expertise – through your experience, you have a strong grasp on the commercial real estate finance industry, along with strong ties in the space.
Our offer will be commensurate with experience. A general range for OTE is between $105,000 and $250,000 including base salary, commission or participation in our revenue share program which can be over 100% of annual salary, and competitive employee stock option plan.Benefits
- Full healthcare—health, vision, and dental
- Unlimited PTO plus paid holidays
- Company Offsites 1-2x / year for collaboration and team development
- Inclusive environment with plenty of autonomy
This job is based in Atlanta, our team currently works a hybrid in-office/remote schedule. We are open to remote candidates.A Welcoming Place for All
Nectar strives to nurture a welcoming culture of shared values and radical candor for everyone. We welcome all applicants, regardless of background, to submit an application. We know we will only succeed if we have a team that brings a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds.
As an equal-opportunity employer, our hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of hire. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.