Mortgage Loan Officer
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
In 2021, Morty raised a $25 million Series B financing round, with a valuation of $150m – check out our feature in Forbes and this blog post from CEO and co-founder Nora Apsel to read more!
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team as a Mortgage Loan Originator. You should be a great communicator (both written and verbal), enjoy sourcing and talking to prospects, and find joy in connecting people with common interests.
This is a great opportunity to build on sales experience and create from the ground up at a fast-paced, early-stage startup!
You will talk to our customers and advise them on their mortgage options while at the same time helping us build a scalable, repeatable product and sales model that can one day serve millions of homebuyers. Every customer is different, but you'll be creative and analytical enough to become a domain expert and figure out solutions.
- Build your own book of business! Leverage Morty’s platform and marketplace to establish, grow, and service an ongoing pipeline of new customers and referrals.
- Establish a local presence! Build and maintain a local presence on the ground in a key market and act as Morty’s go-to “in-market” expert in the area.
- Own the customer and realtor relationships through closing and beyond. Our centralized closing team will provide processing support but you will be in charge of all customer-facing communications to ensure transactions go smoothly and to build trust that extends past the closing table.
- Recommend loan options to customers based on their specific situations; you'll need to be able to clearly articulate Morty's value propositions to customers who don't yet know us.
- Daily pipeline management (loan application to funding process) to ensure that the loan process goes smoothly for all parties involved.
- Source business via phone calls, social media, emails, networking events, and in-person meetings with realtors, investors, and other industry partners.
- Remote based in Florida.
- Have approved and active licensing in Florida.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in residential mortgage sales.
- Willingness to travel and hit the road to build up a book of business.
- Excited and able to learn quickly — you're a self-starter with a “no task is too big or small” attitude.
- Possess a go-getter mindset — you have the ability to work with ambiguity and create for yourself
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks and work independently.
- Competitive compensation package + stock options
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision plans through Justworks
- Parental leave of 12 weeks fully paid after six months of service
- Remote-friendly culture, with hybrid work for NYC-area employees! Work from anywhere in the U.S., plus we have an office space in NYC’s West SoHo neighborhood. We’re dog friendly!
- Flexible PTO with no limit on vacation days and a recommended minimum of 15 days per year + 11 annual company-wide holidays
- One year of free online mental health therapy via Talkspace
- Access 24/7/365 to One Medical, an on-demand primary care health service
- Public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute
- 401k plan through Guideline
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.
Something looks off?