1st shift - Replenishment Associate
Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2022, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food.
At Misfits Market we support our customers and mission by embracing our core values of:
Prioritizing our Customers Doing more with less
Thinking Differently Respecting one another
Moving deliberately and quickly Taking initiative and delivering
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive Hourly Wages from $16/hr
- 18+ Years Old
- 1 year of experience on a sit-down forklift, stand-up forklift, electric pallet jack, turret truck or reach truck
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Be comfortable working in a 35 Degrees Warehouse
- Be able to stand for 8+ hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodations
- Be able to do repetitive lifting, squatting, kneeling, pulling, pushing with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work in a fast paced work environment
- Excited about learning new skills within the warehouse
- Want to grow with Misfits Market
Position Details and Responsibilities:
- Both 1st and 2nd Shift roles available!
- Inspect and report quality issues to Prep leadership.
- Ensure rules of FIFO are followed when product movement occurs.
- Follow all Inventory procedure and protocol as outlined by the Warehouse Manager.
- Report any accidental damage to product or facility immediately to Supervisor
- Assist Prep teams in keeping the work areas clean, safe and free of debris.
- Verify and assist in keeping sensitive items sprayed with water and covered up
- Preemptively organize product and clean department throughout the day
- Attention to detail and strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic produce knowledge and handling experience
- Previous experience with heavy machinery preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to stay focused and work efficiently both independently and as a part of the team
- Flexible and dynamic problem solving capabilities
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to push, pull and lift 50lbs and work in a cold and wet environment
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Management.