Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2022, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food.
We are currently looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Business Operations team. In this role, you'll play a crucial part in the ongoing development and refinement of the technology platform that powers our Warehouse Management System (WMS), Inventory Management System (IMS), and our Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
You will get to:
- Continuously enhance and maintain our existing platforms, which encompass vital operations such as inbound and outbound shipping networks, inventory management, order fulfillment, and the marketplace.
- Craft high-quality, scalable, and reusable code, while enforcing and promoting best practices in software engineering architecture and processes.
- Engage deeply with the product team to fully comprehend detailed requirements, taking ownership of your code from its design and implementation through to delivery.
- Develop and optimize robust, scalable software solutions that power real-time operational activities across various business units.
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 6 years of software development experience in PHP or another Object-Oriented language.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with proven competencies in data structures, algorithms, and adherence to software design best practices.
- Proficiency in developing modern user interfaces using React or a similar framework.
- Hands-on experience in building and deploying services on AWS or another cloud provider.
- A track record of performing exceptionally in fast-paced environments.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with NetSuite, developing custom features and solutions.
- Strong understanding of performance optimizations and best practices for financial systems and architecture.
- 4+ years experience specifically in financial system development and maintenance.
A Special Note to Applicants:
While we are seeking a candidate with strong full-stack development skills. We are also open to individuals who have a more focused background in NetSuite development. If you possess deep expertise in NetSuite and an interest in gaining experience with our other technologies, we encourage you to apply. Our team values diverse skill sets and experiences, and we believe in nurturing talent that can grow with us. If you're passionate about leveraging your NetSuite skills while expanding your proficiency in full-stack development, we'd be excited to have you on board.
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly Stipend to spend on Misfits Market
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits