Senior Full Stack Engineer - Customer Tech
Misfits Market is a mission-driven company creating the affordable online grocery store of the future. We’re a high-growth startup whose north star is making high-quality food more accessible to more people. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, we’ve created a new supply chain that brings value to farmers and food makers, fights food waste, and saves our customers an average of $25.17 per order. Since 2018, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers has built a full online grocery marketplace and rescued more than 228 million pounds of food. With each new zip code we serve (we’re up to 38,000 now!), we’re one step closer to our goal of eliminating food deserts in America by 2025.
We are now seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Customer Tech team. As a Customer Tech Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and iterating on the technology platform and integrations that power our web and mobile Marketplace. You’ll leverage deep technical skills and a customer-centered mindset to help us build engaging landing pages, streamlined sign-up flows, and creative components that help new visitors understand our sustainability mission and rich product catalog. You’ll be partnering closely with product managers, data experts, and our design team to understand customer behavior and create content that will power our new customer experience for years to come.
You will get to:
- Collaborate with the product team to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation and delivery
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product offering
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes
- Participate as a key member of a passionate full-stack engineering team in an Agile environment
Who we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience developing software in PHP or another Object Oriented language
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design best practices
- Experience developing modern user interfaces using React or a similar framework
- Experience with building and deploying services on AWS or another cloud provider
- A proven track record of working in fast-paced environments
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Salary range: $160k-180k
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work location with remote availability
- Free Misfits Market subscription
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
Something looks off?