Sr Director, Associate General Counsel
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 4 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the RoleLendingClub Bank’s Legal Department is seeking talented candidates for an Associate General Counsel, Transactions position. This position will report to LendingClub Bank’s General Counsel and will provide contract negotiation expertise, business appropriate counsel, strategic advice, and end-to-end transactional support for all of the bank’s business functions such as the marketplace (loan investor) team, enterprise procurement team, lending and deposits teams, finance, accounting and treasury teams, as well as to support other general commercial and corporate transactional matters. This position will also lead the bank’s transactional support team, comprising experienced transactional attorneys and legal professionals. The successful candidate must have outstanding people leadership skills and possess outstanding professional judgment and excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and drafting skills. The successful candidate must also have an ability to work and solve problems independently, anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, be comfortable working with cross-functional teams, adapt to an agile environment and field escalation requests and issues, and have the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects and business demands.
What You'll Do
- Lead the bank’s transactional support team
- Provide legal support to the marketplace team that serves the bank’s loan purchasers and investors, and operates the bank’s capital markets and structured finance activities, including (i) developing and maintaining templates and forms and (ii) negotiating, drafting and reviewing a broad range of non-disclosure, loan purchase, loan sale, loan servicing and all manner of structured finance transactional agreements
- Provide legal support to the enterprise procurement team, including (i) developing and maintaining templates and forms and (ii) negotiating, drafting and reviewing a broad range of commercial agreements including master services, non-disclosure, referral, software licensing, professional services and various other commercial agreements
- Provide legal support to the consumer lending and commercial deposit teams with respect to third party commercial relationships, including (i) developing and maintaining templates and forms and (ii) negotiating, drafting and reviewing a broad range of third-party business relationship, partnership, non-disclosure and master relationship agreements including request for proposal responses
- Provide legal support to the finance, accounting, and treasury teams, including negotiating, drafting and reviewing a broad range of transactional agreements supporting these functions
- Provide legal support for interaffiliates between the bank and its affiliates
- Act as a trusted advisor to various other business units, including marketing, enterprise risk, information technology and others as may be needed
- Support the Legal Department in solving complex legal issues and advising on other matters as may be necessary
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with various business units across the bank
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with other members of the Legal Department
- Manage the successful delivery of services by outside counsel
- 12+ years of experience, J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed, in good standing, in one or more states to practice law (not necessary to be licensed in the states where LendingClub Bank and its affiliates have offices but can qualify for registered in house counsel licenses, if needed)
- Demonstrated significant people leadership skills
- Ability to quickly understand the business’ needs, apply solid professional judgment and work independently and effectively with business teams, other members of the Legal Department and other internal groups to create practical and business minded solutions and efficiently deliver results
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners (including senior executives) and external parties
- Solid understanding of commercial legal concepts and strong drafting and contract negotiation skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various types of commercial agreements
- Experience with capital markets and structured finance transactions
- General transactional experience in an in-house or law firm setting supporting regulated depository institutions
- General knowledge of laws applicable to regulated depository institutions
- Excellent negotiation skills, including the soft skills necessary to encourage, motivate and influence
- Ability to independently solicit information and input from different stakeholders as necessary and appropriate
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage aggressive deadlines with minimal to no supervision and across multiple time zones
- Excellent business and legal judgment
- Adapts style to differing audiences and often advises others on difficult matters
- Excellent business and legal judgment
San Francisco, Lehi, Boston, or New York
We are currently working a hybrid schedule and our teams are in-office Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Time Zone Requirements
Local hours (PT, MT, ET).
If you need to travel for work, LendingClub will cover your travel related expenses.
The target base salary range for this position is 211,000 - 255,000. The position is also eligible to receive a bonus (which is based on company performance, employee performance and eligible earnings), equity, and benefits. Our salary ranges, other compensation and benefits offered are determined by role, experience level and location.
We’re creating new financial services solutions for our members based on fairness, simplicity, and heart, and we treat our employees the same way. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, 401(k) match, health and wellness programs, flexible time off policies for salaried employees, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and more.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].