Sr Corporate Counsel - Procurement
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 4 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the RoleLendingClub’s Legal Department is seeking talented candidates for a Senior Commercial Counsel position. Based in Lehi, Utah, this Senior Commercial Counsel position will assist in supporting the enterprise procurement team as well as other general commercial and corporate matters. A successful candidate must have outstanding professional judgment and excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and drafting skills. The successful candidate must also have an ability to work and solve problems under light supervision and in some cases, independently, anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
What You'll Do
- Provide primary legal support to the enterprise procurement team, including (i) developing and maintaining templates and forms and (ii) taking a lead role negotiating, drafting and reviewing a broad range of commercial agreements including master services, non-disclosure, referral, software licensing, professional services and various other commercial agreements
- Act as a trusted advisor to various business units, including marketing, risk, corporate technology, investor, credit, payment solutions and others
- Support the Legal Department in solving complex legal issues and advising on other general corporate matters as may be necessary
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with various business units across the company
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, to the Senior Commercial Counsel collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with other members of the Legal Department
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- At least 7 years of combined law firm, government and/or in-house corporate transactional experience
- Ability to quickly understand the business’ needs, apply solid professional judgment and work independently and effectively with business teams, other members of the Legal Department and other internal groups to create solutions and efficiently deliver results
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners (including high level company executives) and external customers
- Solid understanding of commercial legal concepts and strong drafting and contract negotiation skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating various types of commercial agreements for a regulated financial institution or financial technology company whether in-house or in a law firm
- Excellent negotiation skills, including the soft skills necessary to encourage, motivate and influence
- Ability to independently solicit information and input from different stakeholders as necessary and appropriate
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent business and legal judgment
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].