Sr Credit Strategy & Pricing Manager, PF
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 4 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the RoleThe Sr Credit Strategy & Pricing Manager will be an organized and motivated player-coach with a strong sense of ownership. As a key member of the credit risk management team, you will be responsible for developing risk strategies, creating, and tracking appropriate KPIs, and serve as an active stakeholder in flawless implementation. You will develop and implement the underwriting and pricing strategy for key unsecured point of sale lending (POS Lending) segment within the Consumer Banking business at Lending Club.
What You'll Do
- Develop, gain approval and implement credit risk strategies that involve elements of credit underwriting, pricing, loan amount assignment and verification based on an estimation of probability of default
- Design A/B tests to help understand risk return tradeoffs using hypothesis testing frameworks
- Craft automated dashboards to track KPIs around funnel conversion and strategy/portfolio performance; summarize and present findings to senior management
- Use analytical techniques to mine loan performance data, identify pockets of underperformance and conduct root cause analysis to help recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Measure credit expansion opportunities to optimize risk-adjusted revenue
- Expand existing set of data used in credit decisioning process by evaluating information, value of non-traditional data sources and by re-engineering use of existing data elements
- Manage and measure data quality, coverage and freshness
- Work closely with technology and engineering teams to ensure new strategies are implemented accurately and as designed
- Bachelor/Master’s degree with quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics)
- 5+ years of experience in some combination of credit, analytics, risk management, and data science
- Strong technical skills such as SQL, SAS, Python, Tableau, with familiarity with big data and cloud environments
- Strong MS-Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate project scope in documentation and presentation format
We are currently working a hybrid schedule and our teams are in-office Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Time Zone Requirements
If you need to travel for work, LendingClub will cover your travel related expenses.
The target base salary range for this position is 113,000-180,000. The position is also eligible to receive a bonus (which is based on company performance, employee performance and eligible earnings), equity, and benefits. Our salary ranges, other compensation and benefits offered are determined by role, experience level and location.
We’re creating new financial services solutions for our members based on fairness, simplicity, and heart, and we treat our employees the same way. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, 401(k) match, health and wellness programs, flexible time off policies for salaried employees, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and more.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].