Director, Data Engineering
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 4 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the RoleThe Director, Data Engineering will have responsibility for driving architecture, roadmap, execution, and delivery of data for various internal business teams and external partners. The position will provide technology leadership, guidance, best practices, and expertise on using data platform for large scale distributed processing to deliver business critical data feeds with high quality, strict SLAs and optimal cost. As a leader, work with product and business teams to understand the domain and their use cases as this provides the context for the data delivery. The position owns the architecture, design, and implementation of the data pipelines, which is highly scalable, resilient, and robust.
What You'll Do
- Build data pipelines to deliver the data feeds.
- Collect quality and performance metrics to report and improve quality to down and up streams.
- Maintain close alignment with business, product, program and engineering organizations, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and manage a high performing organization. Mentor and coach, the team members and delegate and empower the team at the right level.
- Able to actively participate and contribute to architecture, design, and best practices with the teams. Lead by example.
- Follow PI planning model for planning, execution, and delivery. Use CI/CD approach for delivery.
- Work with compliance and infosec to meet the regulatory and security requirements.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in software development, with 5+ years in large scale data processing and storage management.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Strong technical experience and willing to get into the details of the architecture, design and code.
- Background in distributed computing and experience with Big Data tech stack - Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Java, Python, SparkSQL, Hive, Kafka and Airflow etc.
- Experience with public Clouds. AWS preferred.
- Experience with Agile development process.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
We are currently working a hybrid schedule and our teams are in-office Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Time Zone Requirements
If you need to travel for work, LendingClub will cover your travel related expenses.
The target base salary range for this position is 193,000-247,000. The position is also eligible to receive a bonus (which is based on company performance, employee performance and eligible earnings), equity, and benefits. Our salary ranges, other compensation and benefits offered are determined by role, experience level and location.
We’re creating new financial services solutions for our members based on fairness, simplicity, and heart, and we treat our employees the same way. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, 401(k) match, health and wellness programs, flexible time off policies for salaried employees, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and more.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].