Fair Lending Program Director
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 4 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the RoleLendingClub Bank’s Compliance Department is seeking an experienced and qualified compliance professional to fill the role of Fair Lending Director. This role will report to the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and administering the Bank’s Fair Lending Program. The Director will help execute the Bank’s Fair Lending Program and will work with senior leaders across the business to provide oversight and guidance to ensure compliance with all fair lending laws and regulations.
What You'll Do
- In collaboration with the Deputy CCO, you will help develop and implement the Bank’s Fair Lending Program
- Develop strong partnerships across all lines of business and act as a trusted advisor to build risk culture across the bank
- Oversee the execution of the Bank’s Fair Lending Program to ensure compliance with all fair lending laws, regulations and guidance
- Manage fair lending compliance efforts throughout the Bank and ensure that the Bank’s Fair Lending program is risk-based and commensurate with the size and complexity of the Bank
- Ensure the Bank maintains a sound Fair Lending program with active oversight of fair lending governance, advisory activities, marketing, complaints, issue management and reporting
- Work with various program partners under the Bank’s Fair & Responsible Banking Team to ensure that the appropriate expectations related to mitigating fair lending risk are established including involvement in the execution of the fair lending program
- Conduct an annual risk assessment that evaluates the level and direction of the Bank’s fair lending risk based on the bank’s lending products and services and identifies key areas of monitoring or escalation
- Review credit policies, procedures, loan operation documents, pricing and marketing strategies, new and modified lending products, business changes and services performed by third parties to proactively identify and fair lending issues
- Provide oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex fair lending issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders
- Collaborate with other internal areas including Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Model Risk, Finance, other Control Functions
- Prepare periodic reporting and present materials to Executive Management and/or the Board of Directors
- Attends training programs on matters related to fair lending to remain current with changing regulations and requirement and effectively implement any new and changing regulatory requirements
- Stay apprised of regulatory development and perform impact analyses to advise the bank on addressing emerging regulatory requirements and expectations
- Assists in regulatory exam readiness and internal audit
- Develops, updates, and maintains the Bank’s Fair Lending policies, procedures, and governance documents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- You have 10+ years of fair lending experience in a regulated financial institution with a background in fintech preferred
- You have extensive knowledge of and experience in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Housing Act, CRA and other laws and regulations related to fair and responsible banking
- You are an excellent communicator across different audiences with the ability to adjust communication style as appropriate; ability to simplify complex topics and distill information down to essential points for a non-technical audience
- You have strong organization, analytical, and planning skills; ability work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects toward completion without compromising quality
- You have the strong ability to work with business partners to ensure alignment and positively impact change
- You excel at developing dashboard reporting that succinctly captures program status, key risks and resolutions to drive awareness and Culture of Compliance
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) preferred or experience as a federal bank examiner with a focus on consumer compliance
San Francisco, Lehi, Boston, NYC . We are currently working a hybrid schedule and our teams are in-office Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Time Zone Requirements:
Local time zone
Occasional travel will be required to Lehi, San Francisco, and/or Boston. If you need to travel for work, LendingClub will cover your travel related expenses.
The target base salary range for this position is 100,000-180,000. The position is also eligible to receive a bonus (which is based on company performance, employee performance and eligible earnings), equity, and benefits. Our salary ranges, other compensation and benefits offered are determined by role, experience level and location.
We’re creating new financial services solutions for our members based on fairness, simplicity, and heart, and we treat our employees the same way. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, 401(k) match, health and wellness programs, flexible time off policies for salaried employees, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and more.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].