Customer Support Agent
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
About the Role:
Latch is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Customer Support Agent to become a part of our St. Louis team. This role is responsible for serving as a product knowledge expert in Latch offerings, delivering exceptional customer service to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of our hardware and platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment, prioritizes effectively, and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Providing timely and effective customer support to Latch stakeholders through various communication channels including email, phone, and chat.
- Creating and managing a comprehensive knowledge base to help all stakeholders troubleshoot common issues and offer self-service options.
- Identifying and resolving hardware or software/platform issues.
- Working across Latch teams on escalated issues or to improve Latch product offering.
- Monitoring stakeholder performance and experience and providing feedback and data internally to enhance user relationships with the Latch platforms.
- Maintaining accurate records of all support and account interactions.
- Continuously improving the support experience by identifying opportunities for process improvements and implementing new solutions.
- Participating in the pager rotation for emergency issues where there is the potential to need to assist a customer after normal business hours.
- We provide support from 8:00 am to 10 pm Eastern Time (UTC-4), 7 days a week. The role may require either daytime or night time hours, including weekends, and consist of working 5 consecutive days in a given 7 day work week.
- Extensive working knowledge of Access Control Systems, Network, or Low Voltage
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to break down troubleshooting steps or complex topics for customers
- A minimum of 2 years of customer/hardware/software support or a similar role
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce and/or other tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Very comfortable on the phone and breaking down complex systems for wide audiences
- Ability to think on one’s feet and solve problems as needed
- High level of intuition and ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Confident working with data and data tools. An ability to quickly analyze data to tell a story and identify areas for operational improvement
- Experience working with high-profile accounts, and advising on overall support needs and statuses
- Familiarity with Division 28 standard operating procedures preferred
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Job scams are on the rise, and you should take steps to protect yourself in your job search. Here are some guidelines to help you stay safe if you are applying for a job with Latch or Door:
- Communications from Latch or Door will always come from @latch.com or @door.com. Do not accept a job interview invitation with Latch or Door from anyone who does not contact you through an email that comes from @latch.com or @door.com.
- Latch never interviews candidates via Skype or in writing where you do not see the interviewer. All of our interviews happen either by video or in person.
- We will never offer you a job based on a single conversation with someone claiming to be from our People organization. In all of our job interviews, you will always speak, by video or in person, with the hiring manager for the position.
- Do not share your sensitive personal information with anyone who purports to offer you a job at Latch or Door unless you verified that the offer is from Latch or Door (check email senders addresses). We will never ask you for your bank account information or your mother’s maiden name during the interview process.
- We will never ask you to purchase any equipment with a promise that we will reimburse you after you begin working for us.
- If you believe you were a victim of a job scam, you may report it to the FBI: https://www.ic3.gov/.