Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
About the Role:
Latch's Controllership is looking for a leader in accounting and operational excellence, who is passionate about instilling efficient and transparent accounting processes to provide consistently accurate financials, built on outstanding internal controls and policy compliance.
The Director of Accounting's overall responsibility is the management of financial accounting, internal and external audits, and review of accounting treatments on various business transactions. The Director of Accounting establishes and maintains appropriate financial controls and accountability to ensure integrity, transparency, and uphold internal accounting guidelines and policies. This role is also critical for closing the books on a monthly, quarterly and year end basis.
- Manage General Ledger Accounting operations, inclusive of:
- Monthly and quarterly financial close process and account reconciliation review
- Preparation of account analysis for management, 10K/ 10Q and MD&A
- Enhance and maintain process controls and procedure descriptions for all accounting transactions and trial balance accounts, i.e. revenue recognition cycle, hardware/ software accounting cycle expense and revenue, etc.
- Accounting for one off and significant transactions
- Enhance operations to maintain a fully documented and repeatable process for all accounting activities that provide direct evidence of control and accuracy to support required audits
- Provides monthly updates to senior management on financial position and performance changes and analysis.
- Manage and execute the procure to pay process (AP), identifying areas for improvement and implementing best practices to limit disruption with the business partners.
- Oversee Inventory, investments, cash, pre-pays, fixed assets, and general accrual accounting.
- Implement internal controls that comply with SOX; inclusive of risk and control matrices supporting the audit of internal controls. Continually monitor effectiveness and identify opportunities for simplification to adapt with the changing business.
- Conduct regular reviews of accounting processes to identify potential risks, implement mitigation strategies, and own control remediation efforts for the installation and validation of new controls
- Lead a team of accounting professionals, providing continual professional development and guidance to team members.
- Continuously assess accounting processes and systems, identifying opportunities for streamlining and automation to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional projects aimed at improving financial operations and reporting.
- Partner with business teams and others within the finance organization to ensure alignment on priorities, reasonableness of timelines, and accountability on deliverables.
- Will consider Big 4 Managers/Senior Managers OR Big 4/Fortune Corporate Experience only.
- 7+ years of experience, including Big Four or Corporate accounting/reporting experience.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting experience }
- People Management experience
- CPA REQUIRED
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.