Senior Payroll Advisor
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Payroll Advisor with expertise in handling payroll processes and managing Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The Payroll Advisor will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing, managing RSU grants and vesting, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to maintain compliance and accuracy in all related activities.
- Process end-to-end payroll activities, including salary, bonuses, commissions, and deductions, ensuring accuracy and adherence to established deadlines.
- Handle the administration of RSU grants, vesting schedules, and related reporting in coordination with HR and Finance departments.
- Maintain and update payroll records, employee data, and RSU documentation to reflect changes accurately.
- Collaborate with HR, Finance, and Legal teams to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, company policies, and tax requirements for payroll and RSUs.
- Respond promptly to employee inquiries related to payroll, RSUs, and tax matters, providing clear and concise information.
- Prepare payroll-related reports, reconciliations, and analyses as needed for management and external audits.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and best practices in payroll and equity compensation to ensure the organization's practices remain current.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to streamline payroll and RSU processes, enhance accuracy, and optimize efficiency.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports related to payroll and RSUs.
- Support the finance team in other tasks related to Finance
- Support with Tax related tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field.
- Proven +5 years of experience in Payroll with a strong understanding of payroll processes and RSU administration.
- Solid knowledge of payroll regulations, tax laws, and equity compensation practices.
- Proficient in using payroll software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience in implementing and transition to new Payroll ATS.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to resolve complex payroll and RSU issues.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with employees, cross-functional teams, and external stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality when handling sensitive payroll and equity data.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic environment and contribute to process improvements.