Junior Compliance Analyst
Kashable is a fast growing, venture-backed Fin-Tech startup based in NYC. We provide socially- responsible, low-cost credit to American employees offered as a voluntary benefit through their employers. We were founded in 2013 by a team of serial entrepreneurs with deep experience and expertise in the specialty finance industry, and have since become the leading provider of personal loan financing solutions at the workplace, catering to employers that run the gamut from Fortune 500 companies and small businesses to nonprofits and governments. We are a dynamic, ambitious, and hard-working team that is redefining financial wellness for working Americans.
What you will do
We are looking for a Jr. Compliance Analyst with 1-3 years’ experience. You will be a part of dynamic and energetic team that directly impacts and engages all areas of the business. We’re looking for a motivated professional who wants to be part of a collaborative, hands-on team who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and will provide smart and strategic input as we launch new products and services. At Kashable, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion where you feel valued and inspired to contribute to our growing company. As a member of the compliance team, you will closely interact with other stakeholders in the company such as the operations team. At Kashable, you will be responsible for the following:
● Perform compliance testing and monitoring of regulations such as FDCPA; SCRA, E-Sign, ECOA and
phone call/text message monitoring.
● Assist in responding to partner or audit requests.
● Provide assistance in drafting consumer facing communications.
● Support the compliance team with state examinations, annual reports and license renewals.
● Handle and manage bankruptcy matters and work with the operations team and internal legal counsel relating
to bankruptcy matters.
● Respond to credit bureau disputes.
● Contribute to compliance policies and procedures library and identify opportunities for improvements.
● Monitor SCRA requests and draft responses to consumers.
● Respond to consumer complaints, disputes and/or subpoenas.
● Assist compliance team with any other matters that may arise.
● Bachelor’s degree is required;
● A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working for a financial institution, bank, online lender, credit card company
or law firm that was involved in consumer lending;
● Knowledge and understanding of regulations such as ECOA, Fair Lending, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, and other
industry regulations is a plus;
● Bankruptcy experience a plus;
● Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions.
● Excellent communication and organizational skills;
● Multi-tasker with the ability to work independently but also as a team player;
● Ability to work under pressure and deadlines; and
● Attention to detail is a must.
● We offer competitive salary, benefits and perks that make the day to day enjoyable
● Generous Healthcare coverage including dental and vision benefits
● 401k Plan with Employer match
● FSA Plan
● Great PTO and holidays
● Subsidized ClassPass membership
● Weekly catered lunches and unlimited snacks in fully stack kitchen;
● Paid parental leave
● Commuter benefits
● Pet-friendly office
This position will be based in our New York city office. The estimated base salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000. The actual base salary will depend on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skill level.
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that Kashable LLC is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Kashable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kashable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.