Director of People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We are recognized on Built-in's Best Places to Work, including:
Colorado Best Places to Work
Colorado Best Midsize Companies to Work For
Colorado Best Paying Companies
SF Best Midsize Companies to Work For
We are Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces Honoree 2022
HouseCanary, a leading real estate data and analytics company, is seeking an experienced Director of People Operations to lead the company’s People Ops team. Reporting to the General Counsel at HouseCanary, this role will be dedicated to supporting our people operations needs. This role will foster HouseCanary’s culture throughout the employee experience, while ensuring legal compliance.
- Lead all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including performance management, promotions, job changes, leaves of absence, and terminations.
- Manage the organization’s required filings and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Drive annual bonus and salary planning processes, make salary and equity recommendations for new hires and promotions, conduct market analysis, and participate in the headcount approval process.
- Facilitate employee and organizational development through job leveling efforts, career development planning, and workplace training.
- Provide mentoring to management and employees to resolve conflicts, improve team efficiency, and ensure support of organizational changes and business plans.
- Offer day-to-day coaching and performance management guidance; work with managers and employees to build strong work relationships that contribute to high morale, productivity, and retention.
- Define and support diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Oversee members of the People Ops team managing other core HR functions, including recruiting, benefits administration, immigration processing, facilities administration and remote work policies.
- 8 years of HR experience; 5 years of experience as a senior HR leader; 3+ years of HR team management experience, including compensation, and compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated track record delivering high-quality enterprise-wide HR services within a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Proven success applying employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, high-risk HR issues with utmost discretion
We strongly encourage people of color, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. HouseCanary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
See more open positions at HouseCanary
Something looks off?