Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2022
At DIAMOND AGE 3D our vision is to deliver high quality homes, faster and more affordably, thereby making the American dream of home ownership more accessible. Diamond Age is revolutionizing home building by deploying unique technology that deeply integrates the efforts of people, robotics, and software. Our goal at Diamond Age 3D is to deliver homes that provide safety, familiarity, quality, and attainability to American home buyers. Diamond Age is headquartered in Phoenix, building homes throughout Arizona, with regional and national expansion plans in the next 24 months.
We are looking for excellent Controls Engineers to join our software engineering team. You will be part of an extremely small, tight-knit team that spans across many disciplines, from software to robotics to enterprise web application software. As such you will be able to make an immediate, large impact at an innovative company looking to change the way homes are built.
As an early Controls Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different software applications, from programs that control hardware and robotics functions to large scale auxiliary equipment that makes building homes easier. You will be involved from system design to implementation to release and delivery. You will have the opportunity to work directly with your frontend, robotics, and backend engineering counterparts to build integrated solutions and learn new disciplines along the way.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, please don't hesitate in applying!
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to the Phoenix area
- 2+ years of professional controls engineering experience
- Experience writing REST HTTP & Websocket APIs
- Experience with a controls based language such as IEC 61131-3, C++, Java, Python
- Experience with Field Bus Networks and Serial Communications (RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, DeviceNet, IO Link, CIP Safety, Profisafe)
- Experience with motion control systems (Stepper Motors, VFDs, etc.)
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots are highly desired (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Epson)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- BS/MS in a STEM degree (or equivalent – Majors in Controls and Computer Control Systems, EE, Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- Desire to work at a fast-paced startup
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to unblock yourself and drive work to completion through uncertainty
- Willingness to travel to local worksites in Arizona as needed
Employee Package Includes:
- Unique culture focused on results, comradery, and personal development
- Great salary
- Exceptional health care benefits
- Equity in the company
- Liberal PTO policy
Thank you for your interest with Diamond Age 3D!