Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Sunday, August 7, 2022
At DIAMOND AGE 3D our vision is to deliver high quality homes, faster and more affordably, thereby making the American dream of home ownership more accessible. Diamond Age is revolutionizing home building by deploying unique technology that deeply integrates the efforts of people, robotics, and software. Our goal at Diamond Age 3D is to deliver homes that provide safety, familiarity, quality, and attainability to American home buyers. Diamond Age is headquartered in Phoenix, building homes throughout Arizona, with regional and national expansion plans in the next 24 months.
As part of Diamond Age, you will be integral to the success of the company as we bring our homes to market in the Phoenix area. Partnering with all of the core technical teams, you will be deeply involved in designing, testing, and building the systems that construct our homes.
As a Software Engineer on othe Robotics team at Diamond Age you will support the development of proprietary software that automates various tasks required for home construction. You will contribute to our robotics stack across the key disciplines of localization, planning, perception, and control. You will directly contribute to the state-of-the-art by developing software that allows a house-sized system to perform accurate tasks on a deformable gantry in a dynamic outdoor environment.
To do this effectively, you will be a part of a dynamic team that closely collaborates with our controls and enterprise software teams to deliver integrated solutions.
- Design, build, test, and deploy software for robotic systems
- Develop algorithms across various robotics disciplines e.g. localization, planning, and perception across the full design lifecycle: requirements, design, code, test, integrate
- Contribute to system architecture design for a state-of-the-art robotic system that leverages an industrial manipulator to execute an arbitrary set of procedurally generated tasks
- Identify, test, and integrate off-the-shelf industrial automation solution— undertaking in-house development when appropriate
- Design processes to model and calibrate as-built robotic systems to bridge the gap between simulation and real-world performance
- Collaborate with controls and enterprise software teams to deliver integrated solutions within the Diamond Age software stack
- Undertake travel as necessary to support our system in the field
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to Phoenix
- 3+ years experience with an enterprise backend language such as Golang, Rust, C++, Java, Python, or TypeScript
- Proven track record of delivering performant, highly-available, scalable, secure, and concurrent backend applications
- Demonstrated ability to work on software codebases with multiple contributors
- Interest in shipping code that will run on robots interacting with the world
- Advanced degree in computer science, robotics, engineering or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in a fundamental robotics discipline e.g. localization, planning, perception, or control
- Integration of open source libraries such as MoveIt, OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL) and/or similar packages
- Experience with metrology concepts and equipment
- Coursework or experience with motion planning for redundant manipulators
- Experience with closed-chain parallel mechanisms e.g. Stewart-Gough platform
- Comfortable working alongside large scale industrial machinery in a safe and effective manner
- Familiarity with modern software architecture and tools such as databases, containerized application deployment, micro-services, and source control
Employee Package Includes:
- Unique culture focused on results, comradery, and personal development
- Great salary
- Exceptional health care benefits
- Equity in the company
- Liberal PTO policy
Thank you for your interest with Diamond Age 3D!
See more open positions at Diamond Age
Something looks off?