Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Sunday, August 7, 2022
At DIAMOND AGE 3D our vision is to deliver high quality homes, faster and more affordably, thereby making the American dream of home ownership more accessible. Diamond Age is revolutionizing home building by deploying unique technology that deeply integrates the efforts of people, robotics, and software. Our goal at Diamond Age 3D is to deliver homes that provide safety, familiarity, quality, and attainability to American home buyers. Diamond Age is headquartered in Phoenix, building homes throughout Arizona, with regional and national expansion plans in the next 24 months.
As part of Diamond Age, you will be integral to the success of the company as we bring our homes to market in the Phoenix area. Partnering with all the core technical teams, you will be deeply involved in designing, testing, and building the systems that construct our homes.
As an Electrical Engineer at Diamond Age, you will report to the Engineering Team Leader and support the development of proprietary systems used to automate various tasks required for home construction. You will be part of a dynamic and mission critical team that is responsible for designing a rapidly deployable robotic system that can accurately automate an arbitrary set of procedurally generated operations.
You will directly contribute to the state-of-the-art in the robotics field by developing electrical systems and hardware that allows a house-sized system to perform accurate tasks on a field-deployed deformable gantry in an outdoor dynamic environment.
- Work on projects that touch the full stack of the robotics / automation products we are creating
- Designing / building / wiring control panels, writing control software, integrating sensors and controls
- Test, operate, and revise systems across the entire machinery environment
- Develop calculations and solutions for various electrical problems such as load profiles, thermal management, and peak demand
- Use Solid works or similar CAD programs for electrical and mechanical drawings and documentation
- Safely work with low / high voltage industrial equipment
- Design, layout, wire, test, and troubleshoot control panels / motor drives, and sensor suites
- Take instruction, execute tasks, and adapt in a high flux environment
- Demonstrate disciplined documentation creation / change maintenance practices
- Own projects and demonstrate ability to solve problems in real time
- Manage vendors, pushing timelines, and bringing suppliers online for long term business / technology relationships
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering, or related field
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to the Phoenix area
- Proven expertise as an engineer
- Hands-on experience using manual calculations and design software for wire sizing, circuit breaker and fault protection
- Hands-on experience working low voltage (120-480VAC, 1, 2 and 3 phases)
- Knowledge of waterproofing methods and standards for electrical equipment used in outdoor environments
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Ability to use multimeters, oscilloscopes, ammeters, soldering tools, and various hand tools as needed
- Experience selecting appropriate electrical components as needed
- Experience in BOM creation
- Experience using MS Office tools
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Knowledge in UL requirements and standards for automation systems
- Extensive experience with motion controls including, servos, stepper motors, linear motors, and VFDs
- Experience in selecting various types of industrial sensing equipment, such as proximity sensors, ultrasonic sensors, laser range finders, limit switches and encoders
- M.S. is a plus
Employee Package Includes:
- Unique culture focused on results, comradery, and personal development
- Great salary
- Exceptional health care benefits
- Equity in the company
- Liberal PTO policy
Thank you for your interest with Diamond Age 3D!