Senior Product Designer
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
At Compass, we are on a mission to help everyone find their place in the world. We envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. The Compass entrepreneurial principles embody our values and define our culture. So if you dream big, obsess about opportunity, and love to learn from reality—the Product Design team at Compass is the place for you. Here is where you come in.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of product designers, product managers, and engineers to own the iterative design process of major feature initiatives from concept to shipping. You will ideate, prototype, and get user feedback on end-to-end platform design solutions that empower residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients. This is a full-time position reporting to Senior Manager, Product Design.
Please note that this is an onsite role for either or NYC or Seattle office.
- Contribute to and develop a wide variety of high-impact enterprise workflow experiences.
- Wireframe and prototype to turn concepts into high-fidelity designs and design systems
- Produce visually compelling, intuitive end-to-end workflows that fit seamlessly within the platform and broader brand context
- Drive design research to better understand user behavior, identify key pain points and test the direction of your design solutions
- Leverage analytics, data, and competitive analysis to constantly validate, improve, advocate for, and measure the success of your designs
- Work in close partnership with product managers to help define the strategy, plan the roadmap, and execute product requirements that meet business objectives
- Work closely with our engineering teams to understand technical feasibility, provide guidance, and ensure quality implementation across platforms (web and native)
What you bring
- BA/BS in HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of user experience (UX) design work
- Proven success in simplifying complex workstreams into simple, intuitive experiences
- Expert user research, storytelling, and prototyping skills
- Proven ability to leverage qual and quant data to make informed design decisions
- Production quality, specialist knowledge of Figma suite
- Expert ability to execute design standards across responsive web and native apps
- Clean design aesthetic with a strong eye for layout, color, and typography
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas persuasively and concisely
- A strong portfolio demonstrating end-to-end workflow solutions and systems thinking
- The base pay range for this position is $140,000-$165,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.
Something looks off?