Staff Technical Program Manager (Security)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
As a Technical Program Manager for Information Security programs, you will drive complex security initiatives across Compass. Your projects will range from deep technical improvements such as security assessment, implementation of tools and processes, early warning metrics and instrumentation, to implementing scalable security best practices and putting in place security controls that are safe-by-default. You will look for ways to standardize and ensure execution, efficiency, and consistency; resolve dependencies, evaluate technical risk, track progress, and set accountability for your initiatives while maintaining clear and fluid communication with high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead initiatives aimed at identifying and eliminating security risks for Compass.
- Manage the full life cycle of day-to-day security integration activities including coordination of detailed functional plans, communication with key stakeholders across Compass, and issue resolution. Create awareness of cross-functional inter-dependencies and establish prioritization for plan execution to minimize disruption on daily operations.
- Lead internal and/or third-party security assessment, architecture review, and penetration or other testing of the Compass Infrastructure and develop integration plans to include remediation of identified weaknesses and/or implementation of compensating controls.
- Plan, manage, and deliver multiple technical programs that may span multiple organizations and locations.
- Act as a key contributor to the agile practice at Compass and high-level planning, both quarterly and yearly.
- Drive security operational excellence, KPIs, and process improvement across the organization.
- Provide programmatic leadership for security initiatives geared towards hardening our real estate platform.
- Create clarity and drive decision making with data and metrics through well-written executive-level and team-level narratives.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience working on or with an information security team
- 4+ years of Technical Program Management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication — excellent ability to influence stakeholders and leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Proven track record of successful technical program management in high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple groups, teams and managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery).
- Knowledge of AWS and modern cloud architectures as well as security platforms and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Security security controls and risk management
- Experience driving and supporting data privacy and compliance regulations initiatives
- Experience with threat modeling exercises to help drive better security outcomes
- Be self-driven and have the ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.