Chief Information Security Officer
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building a single software platform that helps agents and consumers effectively collaborate. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities to help everyone find their place in the world.
As the CISO at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic security and IT initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership to define information security strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our security efforts around key aspects of the Compass product. You will create the infrastructure and best practices for our Security needs, build and lead a team that will leverage its collective skills to drive key outcomes that make Compass secure by default. As the CISO, you’ll have key operational responsibilities from customer engagement, incident management, risk analysis and mitigation and everything in between. You’ll work closely with multiple teams across the company (Engineering, Product, Design, Finance, Legal etc) to develop customer facing security solutions that are embedded in the fabric of the software platform.
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate.
What you will do:
- Assess current needs; develop, implement, and monitor a strategic and comprehensive enterprise-wide information security and risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information owned, controlled or processed by Compass
- Oversee critical information security areas including incident response, software security, awareness, monitoring, remediation, information governance, security engineering and product security
- Strengthen internal controls to support Compass platform and evolving customer needs within first and third party software
- Identify Information Security departmental needs and risks and establish operational plans that align with the organization’s vision, mission and objectives, and support long-term growth and sustainability
- Build strong relationships within the security organization and across the enterprise in order to implement useable security controls to protect the company and our customers
- Partner closely with the senior/executive leadership, especially operations, product and engineering to ensure that all applications and services are developed with secure-by-default controls for People, Processes, and Technology
- Provide management oversight to all activities related to security compliance with regulatory and audit requirements and ensuring that information security best practices are being followed.
- Act as an advocate and primary liaison for the company’s security vision via regular written and in-person communications and security metrics with the company’s executives, investment partners, external customers, etc.
- Build, manage, and mature a staff of security professionals, including performance management, salary administration, succession planning, and workload balancing.
Who you are:
- 12+ years of software and/or hardware engineering technical experience
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience
- Mastery in the multiple domains of Security with a deep expertise in Computer Science and Business Systems
- Track record of excellence managing a large security team within a global technology organization
- Experience building SOX compliant programs as well as CPRA expertise
- Experience in creating business value through technology and strategic planning of business growth objectives
- Experience focusing on internal and external security threats
- Experience publicly defending your company’s actions on matters related to security
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills with an outsized ability to create change using a data-first approach to decision making across the company
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Previous real estate or related industry experience a plus, but not required
The base pay range for this position is $225,000-$375,000; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonus and restricted stock units will be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.