Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
SIID isn't just another company – we're a powerful movement driving change towards a world that's fairer, more transparent, and more accountable. Our journey started with a vision of using AI to unveil bias in advertising, but recent events have transformed our mission. In the wake of the tragic events surrounding George Floyd's death in 2020, we've redirected our technological expertise toward reshaping police training and championing equity within the criminal legal system. SIID has recently closed its pre-seed round and joined the San Francisco-based venture studio Platform. Platform was founded by 10x serial entrepreneur Jeremy Burton (Wonolo, Fundly, Symbian) and seasoned venture investor Tim Connors (founder/partner of PivotNorth, and former partner at Sequoia and USVP).
Now, we're looking for someone extraordinary who can stand as a cornerstone in this pivotal mission. We need your technical prowess and startup experience to join our passionate team and make a lasting impact. Together, we're set to drive transformative change.
What You'll Do:
- Lead product development while working cross-functionally with other company stakeholders.
- Deliver and enhance product features, keeping pace with an early-stage startup's vigor.
- Design and build robust back-end components, linking data pipelines with AI services via APIs.
- Iteratively refine and optimize AI systems to ensure peak performance.
- Make necessary updates to product features based on invaluable user feedback.
- Initiate the groundwork for training our exclusive LLM.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in this journey from the uncertain beginnings of a pre-seed startup to the promising milestones of the seed/Series A stages.
- Seamlessly collaborate with a non-technical founder, answering queries and offering insights about your strategies and methodologies.
- Comfortable being the first technical hire and leading product development.
- Have an interest in and understanding of generative AI and machine learning.
- A believer in our mission, you advocate for fairness, transparency, and accountability in everything you do.
- The following is our stack and services, but we are open to changes based on your expertise and suggestions.
- Cloud: Experience with AWS Services, such as EC2, Cognito, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Transcribe, Comprehend, Eventbridge, Sagemaker.
- Languages: Skilled in coding using Python (Python 3).
- Frontend: Familiarity with Bubble or a willingness to learn.
- General: Experience with Linux (Ubuntu), NPM, PM2, Nginx, SSH (Secure Socket Shell), and CLI (Command-line Interface).
Benefits & Perks:
- Help shape and develop the product and features.
- Competitive equity options commensurate with being one of the early-team members.
- Opportunity to shape a product from the ground up.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving company culture
- Flexible work arrangements.
At SIID, we offer you not just a job but a cause. Join us and become a part of something that transcends business, touching lives and making a tangible difference in society. We are a vibrant and diverse group of thinkers, doers, and believers, and we’re genuinely excited to welcome you on this transformative journey.
SIID is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.