Senior Product Designer
Charleston, SC, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
In the last 50 years, home sizes in the US have nearly doubled, yet the housing supply is growing at half the pace that it was 50 years ago. This has caused housing prices and rent to skyrocket. At the same time, isolation is now considered America’s most significant health risk.
CoLife aims to solve both by making coliving safe, easy, and affordable. We match homeowners with live-in renters based on mutual values and interests. CoLife enables homeowners to offer renters a home on average 50-60% lower than the market rate and helps solve isolation by bringing people together.
CoLife has recently closed its pre-seed round and joined a San Francisco-based venture studio founded by an ex-Sequoia partner who has invested in six unicorns and is led by one of the founders of one of those unicorns, in addition to Alpaca VC (Sandbox, Classpass, Compass) and Social Leverage VC (Robinhood, Wag, Airtable).
As a rapidly growing startup, we prioritize a user-centric approach and believe a strong UX is fundamental to our success. Join us in shaping the future of housing and human connection and make an impact from day one.
What You'll Do
- Forge High-Trust Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with team members, demonstrating mastery in the product domain and driving alignment, focus, and momentum.
- Product Strategy & Vision: Craft and continually hone the long-term product strategy, ensuring alignment with overarching business objectives to maximize revenue and efficiency.
- Data-Driven Insights: Transform insights from the CEO and various sources into a prioritized set of implementable user stories.
- User Engagement: Regularly engage in user feedback sessions and market research, ensuring product features align with genuine user needs and business targets.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales teams to ensure alignment in mission and deliverables.
- Metrics & ROI: Immerse yourself in product metrics to ensure prioritization based on the best ROI and evaluate the launch features' impact.
- Process Optimization: Critically assess, define, and polish product processes for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Regularly sync with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to maintain alignment on product milestones and timelines.
- User-Centric Design: Lead the ideation and creation of intuitive user interfaces, ensuring the user remains at the heart of all design decisions.
- Innovation & Prototyping: Quickly conceptualize and prototype new ideas, validating and refining concepts through iterative design techniques.
- Feedback Ecosystem: Foster a continuous collaboration and refinement culture through open feedback.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management & design, preferably in startup environments.
- Are able to gather and present data without the help of a data analyst.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries.
- Sufficient technical acumen to gain the respect of engineers and not be bamboozled by them.
- A keen interest in operational execution and complexity.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, and other design and prototyping tools.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Experience with operationally-heavy marketplace startups is highly beneficial.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Stock options in CoLife.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company culture.
- Competitive health benefits.
- CoLife is an equal opportunity employer.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.