Director of Product Management
Charleston, SC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
In the last 50 years, home sizes in the US have nearly doubled, yet the housing supply is growing at half the pace that it was 50 years ago. This has caused housing prices and rent to skyrocket. At the same time, isolation is now considered America’s most significant health risk.
CoLife aims to solve both by making coliving safe, easy, and affordable. We match homeowners with live-in renters based on mutual values and interests. CoLife enables homeowners to offer renters a home on average 50-60% lower than the market rate and helps solve isolation by bringing people together.
CoLife has recently closed its pre-seed round and joined a San Francisco-based venture studio founded by an ex-Sequoia partner who has invested in six unicorns and is led by one of the founders of one of those unicorns, in addition to Alpaca VC (Sandbox, Classpass, Compass) and Social Leverage VC (Robinhood, Wag, Airtable).
As a rapidly growing startup, we prioritize a user-centric approach and believe a strong UX is fundamental to our success. Join us in shaping the future of housing and human connection and make an impact from day one.
What You'll Do
- Forge high-trust relationships, demonstrate mastery of the product domain, and drive team alignment, focus, and momentum.
- Craft and continually hone the product strategy and long-term vision, ensuring alignment with overarching business objectives to maximize revenue and efficiency of the CoLife marketplace.
- Transform insights from the CEO and various sources into a prioritized set of implementable user stories with the necessary details to be implemented.
- Regularly engage in user feedback sessions and market research, aligning product features and enhancements with genuine user needs and business targets.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales teams, ensuring alignment in mission and deliverables.
- Immerse yourself in product metrics to ensure that product prioritization is based on the best ROI and that we stay intellectually honest about whether launched features and product changes had the desired impact.
- Exhibit stellar communication skills across the company and its stakeholders.
- Critically assess, define, and polish product processes, optimizing efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring that the process serves the team rather than the team serving the process.
- Conduct regular sync-ups with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to maintain alignment on product milestones and timelines.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management.
- At least 2 years of team leadership, including coaching, recruiting, and team development.
- Strong UI/UX design principles, analytics, and user research foundation.
- Proficient skills in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Sufficient technical acumen to gain the respect of engineers and not be bamboozled by them.
- A keen interest in operational execution and complexity.
- Experience with operationally-heavy marketplace startups is highly beneficial.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive equity options
- Opportunity to shape a product from the ground up
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving company culture