Publisher Partnerships Manager
Chicory believes in the power of recipes to inspire consumers and drive commerce. As the leading contextual commerce advertising platform, we transform recipe content into commerce media. Our platform powers a network of recipe publishers and retailers that CPG brands use to reach 123 million high-intent grocery shoppers each month. Chicory's contextual advertising and shoppable recipe solutions can be found on 5,200+ websites and food blogs, including the Food Network, Delish and LandOLakes.com. Sites enabled with our technology take grocery shoppers from inspiration to checkout in just a few clicks, driving products to cart for 60+ leading retailers.
Recognized as a 2022 Top 50 Best Small Companies to Work For by BuiltIn NYC and as a 2022 Fastest-Growing Private Company in America by Inc. 5000, we believe that what sets Chicory apart is our diverse experiences and skillsets coupled with our shared values. Learn more at www.chicory.co.
About the Role
As our Publisher Partnerships Manager, reporting to the VP of Strategic Partnerships, you will have full ownership over client success, showcasing our value to industry-leading food & recipe publishers and ensuring our partners are happy with our solutions. Your focus will be on implementing a seamless rollout of innovative advertising products, providing exceptional customer support, and driving revenue and user engagement for our partners. If you have experience working with large publishers, enjoy using data to tell stories and drive actionable results, and are genuinely passionate about the client experience, we would love to hear from you!
- Cultivate and maintain impactful and trusting relationships with Chicory’s largest publisher partners
- Ensure a smooth rollout of new advertising products, delivering exceptional customer support; support the testing and implementation of new, innovative advertising tactics
- Develop effective and scalable solutions to drive revenue and user engagement for our partners and ensure clients’ ongoing happiness and success
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, and Marketing, to build new capabilities, deliver insights, and provide best-in-class client support
- Regularly communicate business updates, project status, and industry insights to internal teams as well as external stakeholders
- Own and conduct monthly publisher calls and weekly office hours, reinforcing positive relationships and preparing necessary supporting materials
- Track and negotiate contract renewal terms with a customer-centric approach
- Monitor daily recipe activation and impressions for publishers, aligning with their goals
- Track performance against revenue goals, with a commitment to exceeding client expectations
- Stay up-to-date on the ad tech marketplace and proactively share business updates with the Chicory team
- Build upon team and company culture and act as a champion of the Chicory Principles
- Must have working knowledge around adtech, SSPs, DSPs and the programmatic landscape
- Must have experience creating digital solutions at or for large publishers
- Strong client relationship management skills with the ability to build trust and rapport
- Ability to understand complex technologies and convey it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Adaptable mindset, recognizing the dynamic nature of tasks and the need for reprioritization as needed
- Strong analytic, quantitative and technical aptitude; analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and provide actionable insights
- Impeccable organizational skills and extremely detail oriented
- Proficient in project management and prioritization
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to travel twice quarterly to engage with clients, attend trade shows, and other company events
The base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 annually.
Location: New York/Hybrid or Remote
Benefits & Perks
Focusing on your health and wellbeing:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including dental + vision plans
- Flexible paid time off policy for vacation, sick days, mental health days, and more!
- 14 paid holidays + flexibility to take paid time off for any other holidays you observe
- Employer-paid membership to One Medical
Creating a culture in which you can thrive:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
- Fun and friendly office in NYC stocked with free snacks
- Virtual and in-person outings and fun activities with our amazing team
- Dog-friendly workplace
Supporting you financially:
- Competitive compensation package, including base salary + stock options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) + Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401k retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
At Chicory, we know that we are strongest when every person is valued, respected and treated with dignity. We actively put aside assumptions and judgment and work to make space for all points of view. We do serious work but don’t take ourselves too seriously. We consider our playful spirit a competitive advantage to building better relationships and finding the smartest solutions. We produce the best results by hiring smart people and giving them the space, safety and the resources to do their work. We are building a company people love working with and working at.
Our Commitment Statement to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
At Chicory, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are key ingredients in our recipe for success. Our diverse experiences, backgrounds, identities, and ways of thinking elevate the level at which we operate; this allows us to innovate in old-school industries by looking not at how things have been done, but how they should be done. We are building a workplace built on merit and equity where every one of us has a voice at the table.
- Operate with Empathy
- Embrace Individuality
- Make Chicory Fun!
- Be Good People: We bring the best out of each other by being good to each other. We operate with empathy, respect and integrity. We balance confidence with humility. We believe we can build a great company and have fun doing it.
- Seek to Understand: Leaders seek first to understand, then to be understood. Instead of
- demanding things of others, or throwing orders around, we ask probing questions to understand where others are coming from. Leaders are collaborative and strive to solve problems together.
- Own It: Leaders are owners. They take full responsibility for their areas of the business. They actively seek out ways to make improvements and create efficiencies. They catch and fix issues before they are pointed out to them. They don’t take the role of bystander. They take pride in the work that they do.
- Bias for Action: Time will always be the limiting factor and indecision stifles progress. Most decisions are reversible. Leaders act today instead of waiting until tomorrow. The biggest mistake we can make is to be afraid of making mistakes.
- Separate Your Ego From Your Position: Great leaders actively seek out reality and are willing to change their stance. They promote positive conflict and let the best decisions come to light, even if it may cause them pain. They can admit when they are wrong and commit wholeheartedly to decisions once they are made. They fight for the greater good of the company, not themselves.
- Hold High Standards: The quality of products, services and processes determines the speed at which we can operate. Leaders set high standards for themselves and their teams. They hold these standards with conviction and actively communicate when they are not being met.
- Have a Beginner’s Mind: Just because something has been done a certain way doesn’t mean it’s the best way. We actively take moments out of our day to reflect on the past, present and future. This allows us to look at each challenge with a fresh perspective and welcome viewpoints that challenge the status quo.
- Be Deliberate: Great leaders are intentional with their words and actions. We are direct. We avoid overcomplication. We strive to accomplish more with less.
- Expand Your Knowledge: Leaders have a deep understanding of the business and the industry we operate in. They know how their skills impact their role, how their role impacts the business and how the business impacts the industry. They take time to read the world to anticipate the future. They are always improving themselves and those around them.