VP of Marketing
Chicory believes in the power of recipes to inspire consumers and drive commerce. As the leading contextual commerce advertising platform, we transform recipe content into commerce media. Our platform powers a network of recipe publishers and retailers that CPG brands use to reach 123 million high-intent grocery shoppers each month. Chicory's contextual advertising and shoppable recipe solutions can be found on 5,200+ websites and food blogs, including the Food Network, Delish and LandOLakes.com. Sites enabled with our technology take grocery shoppers from inspiration to checkout in just a few clicks, driving products to cart for 60+ leading retailers.
Recognized as a 2022 Top 50 Best Small Companies to Work For by BuiltIn NYC and as a 2022 Fastest-Growing Private Company in America by Inc. 5000, we believe that what sets Chicory apart is our diverse experiences and skillsets coupled with our shared values. Learn more at www.chicory.co.
About the Role
As our VP of Marketing, you will be involved in high-impact decisions that directly shape Chicory’s growth in the commerce media space. You’ll own the development and execution of our strategic marketing initiatives, showcasing our value to prospective clients and driving the growth of the business. As part of our leadership team, and reporting directly to the CRO, you’ll be at the intersection of marketing, sales, and partnerships, driving brand awareness and supporting Chicory’s growth through CPG media, retailer and publisher verticals. We are looking for a marketing generalist that can integrate complex marketing strategies to support overall company objectives. If you’re an expert in CPG media, enjoy using data to tell stories and drive actionable results, and are passionate about coaching and mentoring team members of all levels, we would love to hear from you!
- Oversee all marketing activities and ensure proper integration across the organization; communicate cross-functionally to ensure marketing initiatives are tied to overall company strategy
- Collaborate with other senior leadership team members to drive company direction and translate direction into an actionable and inspiring marketing strategy
- Manage and coach the marketing team and support their professional development; ensure the team has the proper tools and resources to do their jobs effectively
- Build upon team and company culture and act as a champion of Chicory Values & Principles
- Set the marketing team’s mission, strategy, metrics, and culture
- Create a proactive marketing culture, testing new ideas to drive leads and meetings
- Lead the team in goal-setting, and support team to achieve quarterly and annual goals
- Design department org structure as new resources are added to the team and define responsibilities that support the marketing funnel
- Set, build and maintain a consistent reporting process to ensure goals are met
- Oversee all paid and earned marketing initiatives including conferences, PR, sponsorships, etc, along with Marketing budget, resources and contracts
- Collaborate with Sales, Partnerships and Product to ensure flawless cross-functional execution
- Keep a consistent pulse on the market to correctly set company positioning, brand image and brand guidelines that resonate with our customers
- 7+ years of B2B marketing experience, with strong planning, analytical, execution and communication skills (verbal, written, and editorial)
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Must have experience in digital media
- Strong data competency with the ability to synthesize data and insights into succinct strategies and action plans
- Must have experience working with digital advertising agencies and brands directly, and familiar with the nuances of the advertising industry
- Have a network of potential prospects in the CPG space
- Expertise in bringing team members together to advance retention and growth goals, and in helping cross-functional teams drive results through close collaboration
The base salary range for this position is $150,000 - $180,000 annually.
Location: New York/Hybrid or Remote
Benefits & Perks
Focusing on your health and wellbeing:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including dental + vision plans
- Flexible paid time off policy for vacation, sick days, mental health days, and more!
- 14 paid holidays + flexibility to take paid time off for any other holidays you observe
- Employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Free ClassPass membership
Creating a culture in which you can thrive:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
- Fun and friendly office in NYC stocked with free snacks
- Virtual and in-person outings and fun activities with our amazing team
- Dog-friendly workplace
Supporting you financially:
- Competitive compensation package, including base salary + stock options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) + Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401k retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
At Chicory, we know that we are strongest when every person is valued, respected and treated with dignity. We actively put aside assumptions and judgment and work to make space for all points of view. We do serious work but don’t take ourselves too seriously. We consider our playful spirit a competitive advantage to building better relationships and finding the smartest solutions. We produce the best results by hiring smart people and giving them the space, safety and the resources to do their work. We are building a company people love working with and working at.
Our Commitment Statement to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
At Chicory, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are key ingredients in our recipe for success. Our diverse experiences, backgrounds, identities, and ways of thinking elevate the level at which we operate; this allows us to innovate in old-school industries by looking not at how things have been done, but how they should be done. We are building a workplace built on merit and equity where every one of us has a voice at the table.
- Operate with Empathy
- Embrace Individuality
- Make Chicory Fun!
- Be Good People: We bring the best out of each other by being good to each other. We operate with empathy, respect and integrity. We balance confidence with humility. We believe we can build a great company and have fun doing it.
- Seek to Understand: Leaders seek first to understand, then to be understood. Instead of
- demanding things of others, or throwing orders around, we ask probing questions to understand where others are coming from. Leaders are collaborative and strive to solve problems together.
- Own It: Leaders are owners. They take full responsibility for their areas of the business. They actively seek out ways to make improvements and create efficiencies. They catch and fix issues before they are pointed out to them. They don’t take the role of bystander. They take pride in the work that they do.
- Bias for Action: Time will always be the limiting factor and indecision stifles progress. Most decisions are reversible. Leaders act today instead of waiting until tomorrow. The biggest mistake we can make is to be afraid of making mistakes.
- Separate Your Ego From Your Position: Great leaders actively seek out reality and are willing to change their stance. They promote positive conflict and let the best decisions come to light, even if it may cause them pain. They can admit when they are wrong and commit wholeheartedly to decisions once they are made. They fight for the greater good of the company, not themselves.
- Hold High Standards: The quality of products, services and processes determines the speed at which we can operate. Leaders set high standards for themselves and their teams. They hold these standards with conviction and actively communicate when they are not being met.
- Have a Beginner’s Mind: Just because something has been done a certain way doesn’t mean it’s the best way. We actively take moments out of our day to reflect on the past, present and future. This allows us to look at each challenge with a fresh perspective and welcome viewpoints that challenge the status quo.
- Be Deliberate: Great leaders are intentional with their words and actions. We are direct. We avoid overcomplication. We strive to accomplish more with less.
- Master Your Craft, Expand Your Knowledge: Leaders have a deep understanding of the business and the industry we operate in. They know how their skills impact their role, how their role impacts the business and how the business impacts the industry. They take time to read the world to anticipate the future. They are always improving themselves and those around them.