Senior Account Executive, CPG
Chicory believes in the power of recipes to inspire consumers and drive commerce. As the leading contextual commerce advertising platform, we transform recipe content into commerce media. Our platform powers a network of recipe publishers and retailers that CPG brands use to reach 123 million high-intent grocery shoppers each month. Chicory's contextual advertising and shoppable recipe solutions can be found on 5,200+ websites and food blogs, including the Food Network, Delish and LandOLakes.com. Sites enabled with our technology take grocery shoppers from inspiration to checkout in just a few clicks, driving products to cart for 60+ leading retailers.
Recognized as a 2022 Top 50 Best Small Companies to Work For by BuiltIn NYC and as a 2022 Fastest-Growing Private Company in America by Inc. 5000, we believe that what sets Chicory apart is our diverse experiences and skillsets coupled with our shared values. Learn more at www.chicory.co.
About the Role
As our Senior Account Executive, you will directly contribute to the growth of the business in the contextual commerce space through the acquisition of new CPG accounts. You’ll own all aspects of the sales process from cold-calling to pipeline management, forecasting, closing deals and signing IOs. If you have experience selling digital media solutions to CPG companies, are intellectually curious, and are genuinely passionate about the client experience, we would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with the Sales team to execute a comprehensive sales strategy to drive revenue growth and ensure successful execution
- Promote Chicory’s products and solutions at conferences and across your vast CPG network
- Develop and grow relationships with Marketing, Account Management, Campaign Management, Product, Strategic Partnerships, and Analytics & Insights to ensure alignment on messaging, drive client satisfaction, and maximize revenue opportunities
- Build and grow relationships and lead conversations with clients, ensuring an exceptional client experience and long-term retention
- Contribute to a proactive sales culture, testing new ideas to drive leads and meetings
- Recommend and implement new strategies to drive revenue goals and stay competitive in the market
- Prospect clients, pitch new business, and generate sales; hit or exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets
- Create long-term strategic partnerships with CPG agencies and clients
- Share ideas and client needs with Product & Engineering teams to help shape our product roadmap and meet evolving client needs
- Build upon team and company culture and act as a champion of Chicory Values & Principles
- 5+ years in digital/online media sales experience
- Well-versed in the CPG, shopper marketing, and digital advertising landscape
- Demonstrated success selling to CPG customers and agencies representing CPGs
- Capable of traveling up to 20% of time to engage with clients and represent Chicory at conferences and other events
- Proficient in negotiating, structuring, and closing complex, six-figure insertion orders
- Proven track record of building a territory from scratch, including prospecting, pitching, closing, and renewing
- Demonstrated success in ideating a detailed sales strategy (setting targets for emails, cold calls, leads generated, etc.) and delivering against sales goals
- Ability to communicate complex technologies in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ownership in maintaining work-flow and meeting deadlines, and building and managing pipeline and forecast accurately
- Experienced in account management and creating and conducting client presentations
The base salary range for this position is $125,000 - $150,000 annually.
Location: New York/Hybrid or Remote
Benefits & Perks
Focusing on your health and wellbeing:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including dental + vision plans
- Flexible paid time off policy for vacation, sick days, mental health days, and more!
- 14 paid holidays + flexibility to take paid time off for any other holidays you observe
- Employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Free ClassPass membership
Creating a culture in which you can thrive:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
- Fun and friendly office in NYC stocked with free snacks
- Virtual and in-person outings and fun activities with our amazing team
- Dog-friendly workplace
Supporting you financially:
- Competitive compensation package, including base salary + stock options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) + Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401k retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
At Chicory, we know that we are strongest when every person is valued, respected and treated with dignity. We actively put aside assumptions and judgment and work to make space for all points of view. We do serious work but don’t take ourselves too seriously. We consider our playful spirit a competitive advantage to building better relationships and finding the smartest solutions. We produce the best results by hiring smart people and giving them the space, safety and the resources to do their work. We are building a company people love working with and working at.
Our Commitment Statement to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
At Chicory, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are key ingredients in our recipe for success. Our diverse experiences, backgrounds, identities, and ways of thinking elevate the level at which we operate; this allows us to innovate in old-school industries by looking not at how things have been done, but how they should be done. We are building a workplace built on merit and equity where every one of us has a voice at the table.
- Operate with Empathy
- Embrace Individuality
- Make Chicory Fun!
- Be Good People: We bring the best out of each other by being good to each other. We operate with empathy, respect and integrity. We balance confidence with humility. We believe we can build a great company and have fun doing it.
- Seek to Understand: Leaders seek first to understand, then to be understood. Instead of
- demanding things of others, or throwing orders around, we ask probing questions to understand where others are coming from. Leaders are collaborative and strive to solve problems together.
- Own It: Leaders are owners. They take full responsibility for their areas of the business. They actively seek out ways to make improvements and create efficiencies. They catch and fix issues before they are pointed out to them. They don’t take the role of bystander. They take pride in the work that they do.
- Bias for Action: Time will always be the limiting factor and indecision stifles progress. Most decisions are reversible. Leaders act today instead of waiting until tomorrow. The biggest mistake we can make is to be afraid of making mistakes.
- Separate Your Ego From Your Position: Great leaders actively seek out reality and are willing to change their stance. They promote positive conflict and let the best decisions come to light, even if it may cause them pain. They can admit when they are wrong and commit wholeheartedly to decisions once they are made. They fight for the greater good of the company, not themselves.
- Hold High Standards: The quality of products, services and processes determines the speed at which we can operate. Leaders set high standards for themselves and their teams. They hold these standards with conviction and actively communicate when they are not being met.
- Have a Beginner’s Mind: Just because something has been done a certain way doesn’t mean it’s the best way. We actively take moments out of our day to reflect on the past, present and future. This allows us to look at each challenge with a fresh perspective and welcome viewpoints that challenge the status quo.
- Be Deliberate: Great leaders are intentional with their words and actions. We are direct. We avoid overcomplication. We strive to accomplish more with less.
- Master Your Craft, Expand Your Knowledge: Leaders have a deep understanding of the business and the industry we operate in. They know how their skills impact their role, how their role impacts the business and how the business impacts the industry. They take time to read the world to anticipate the future. They are always improving themselves and those around them.
Something looks off?